David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman: Frustrated/upset after a visit there today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any input - good or bad - about Hudiburg's used lots in Midwest city?
The wife has spotted a corolla on the gm lot she wants to go look at.
And want to know if they are to be avoided before we drive in from Weatherford.

I bought my truck from them, I thought they were fair. I dont like when any dealership tells me how much they spent to "recon" their vehicle but when I started telling them my trade in had new tires, fresh oil etc they didn't care about that. Every dealer does that though.

Anyway, I'd go back to Hudiburg again and I'd recommend them.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny update:

I called David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman today from work, and told them I was looking at the ad and wondering if the car was available. A salesman named Josh spoke to me:

"Yeah, I have a July 4 ad in front of me and it says you all have a Chevrolet Spark for $10k. Do you know this ad?"
"Yeah, are you looking for a Spark?"
"I'm wondering if you still have the car."
"Sure do. Want to come down and test drive it?"
<I know at this point he's either ignorant or lying; either way he's full of it. So I say...>
"Well, what color is it?"
<slight pause>
"Let me go check on that for you. Mind giving me your name and number?"
<I give him a fake name and the phone's extension, we say our goodbyes. Several minutes later, the phone rings.>
"This is Frank."
"Yeah, Frank, I checked on that car for you and unfortunately it just sold. But we have another that we can let go for around $15,000."
"No thanks."

I'm actually surprised he didn't push it further, or continued lying.

Nilbog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my Ford Taurus to DS at 39th & May several years ago. Dash lights coming on, hard to start. The service guy said it needed a new battery, he also told me to go to someplace like Autozone, because it would be a lot cheaper. He was right.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best experience I have ever had buying a car was from Smicklas Chevrolet on NW Expway. Went to DS Dodge and will never go back and they do the bait and switch. Smicklas is everything DS isn't.

I've bought two from Smick. It helps that they're part of the Bob Howard Group. They're owned by Group 1 and it's a publicly held corporation so they're very transparent.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David Stanley did this same thing to a co-worker a couple of years ago. He reported them to the state and they fined them $500. So obviously they have not learned their lesson and need to be fined more.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fowler Honda tried to hold me hostage by holding my keys on a trade-in.........talk about throwing a fit in their showroom. I will never ever go back!!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once got a P/U from Nelson Nissan in BA; as it was coming from another dealership, they told me they'd have to charge me a transportation fee based on so many dollars per mile. I asked where it was coming from, but they wouldn't tell me - I guess because they didn't want me to go to that dealer and buy straight from them. I calculated that based on their total fee, the truck would be coming out of state, so that was fine as I didn't care to drive that far to make a deal.

After I got the truck, I found the window sticker they'd stuck under the seat... the vehicle had come from Muskogee! I pitched a fit, but they didn't care as the deal had already been done. This, in spite of the sales manager earnestly telling me they'd work hard to make sure my experience was excellent so they'd get a good rating from me. When it came time to do the owner's satisfaction survey, I dinged them seriously for how the sales rep handled the deal. A week or so later, I got an email from a regional Nissan rep, asking why I'd given Nelson a poor mark on some parts of the survey. I sent back a detailed message, including dates, times, responses I'd gotten from Nelson (or lack thereof), and how I felt they'd ripped me off for a couple hundred bucks. The regional rep's response? None.

Latest posts

Top Bottom