Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Enthusiast

Default Re: Missing Girl-Wilson, OK.

Wow, I grew up in Wilson

Wonder what's changed or what new info they might have?

Wilson Police Chief who has jurisdiction over case was blowing it off as another run way, but parents were adamant about it being a abduction.
    The Police Chief is just now starting to realize he's screwed the pooch. Proper entry into NCIC wasn't followed nor a amber alert sent out in a timely manner.
    Hopefully she's recovered, we've had too many girls being forced into the human trafficking underground recently.

The question is has any evidence been found to indicate she was abducted?
    "AMBER plans require law enforcement to confirm an abduction prior to issuing an alert".

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

Then there is the fact that she's ran away a couple of times before and she's apparently been seen a couple of times now by people who indicate she is with Colt Haynes(see ODCR) willingly, given the facts has the chief acted properly?

It was discovered the pair had spent the night at a residence Saturday night and left Sunday morning. Wilson police are reviewing video from Dollar General after reports surfaced the pair were seen there Tuesday night.

"We don't have any evidence she was abducted," Hernandez said.

Read more: http://www.ardmoreite.com/article/20...#ixzz2a845Tl56
    Follow us: @Ardmoreite on Twitter | 143707431292 on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle78 View Post
    Wilson Police Chief who has jurisdiction over case was blowing it off as another run way, but parents were adamant about it being a abduction.
    The Police Chief is just now starting to realize he's screwed the pooch. Proper entry into NCIC wasn't followed nor a amber alert sent out in a timely manner.
    Hopefully she's recovered, we've had too many girls being forced into the human trafficking underground recently.
    I agree with both of those.
    The lack of NCIC entry does raise questions.

Missing 3 weeks? Yeah... We can all hope, but 3 weeks is a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
    Wow, I grew up in Wilson
    WHS was my alma mater, as well. The current chief of police has a pretty good rep. I don't know too many people there who are down on him, at least not yet.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything; really helps when you get old.

Quote Originally Posted by ronny View Post
    WHS was my alma mater, as well. The current chief of police has a pretty good rep. I don't know too many people there who are down on him, at least not yet.
    So you're in touch with some of the locals? What's being said?

The few I've spoken to (a couple of weeks ago) felt she ran off with a guy. Haven't been over there in several days. I might see someone this weekend.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything; really helps when you get old.

Quote Originally Posted by ronny View Post
    The few I've spoken to (a couple of weeks ago) felt she ran off with a guy. Haven't been over there in several days. I might see someone this weekend.
    So far the indications seem to point to her going with him willingly.

Default Missing Girl-Wilson, OK.

Runaway is more likely. She's 17 and has probably defacto emancipated herself.

Braggs

Quote Originally Posted by SAMUEL ADAMS, MEMBER OF THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS
    That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe
    the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of The
    United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms...

Still more questions than answers, including questions about how we're treating runaways differently than in the past.

Does look like the chief could have a problem though...

Federal law also requires law enforcement agencies to enter the missing child's information into the FBI's National Crime Information Center database and state law enforcement system database within two hours of receiving a missing child report (42 U.S.C. 5780).

http://www.missingkids.com/LegalResources/Runaway