How much akihol is harmful?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The jack daniels thread got me to thinking.

How much akihol is harmful? Four shots and six beers in a six hour period? A pint an hour?

How do they figure it?

Apogee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just about the time my wife gives me "that look" I am pretty sure that I am done drinking for the day/night whatever it happens to be.

If I continue to drink after that, it will be harmful to my married bliss.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on a lot of factors.

I know people who can do 12+ shots of vodka in an hour and be completely functional - even writing some awesome code.

I know my personal limits for each of the following levels: fully functional, Ballmer peak, happily drunk, WTF happened, and hangover.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm mostly curious re adverse physiological effects of drinking too much. It can damage your liver. Is this damage calculated according to weight, number of drinks within a certain length of time, etc?

Just curious.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked a DUI collision years ago that almost set a department record... .497 BAC via blood test!

This guy was Ukrainian and according to his employer (who owned the truck the drunk wrecked!) said it was nothing for him to pick up a 5th of vodka on lunch, start drinking while finishing the job up and have the bottle gone by the end of the evening.

It's amazing how it affects people differently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom