Costco coming to Norman?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love for Costco to come to Tulsa, but the aforementioned liquor policy, plus the state's proximity to Bentonville, probably put the kibosh on any notions this will happen.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Costco is ok. They are very sililar to Sam's Club and I would say slightly better. They are HQ'd here and people like working for them. They are known to play hardball with small vendors, forcing them to absorb the cost of production for enormous orders for all their warehouses, then demanding they eat the stock if it doesn't move. That can be lethal to a little guy.

CostCo recently pushed thru a ballot initiative here in Washington that opened up the sale of spirits in non-state-run stores. The state was opposed to giving up its monopoly but were bought off by the inclusion of an additional tax to offset their loss of revenue. This additional tax is not printed on the price tag, giving the appearance of a real bargain on licquor. It just shows up at the register where it is obscured by the myriad of other items people usually are buying on a CostCo run.

More relevant to this board, Costco has a strict "no firearms" policy, open or concealed.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. They are putting a Crest in that area.

Yup, and brand new wal mart neighborhod market across the interstate on rock creek. Lots of stuff going up in the area. 2 or 3 new stores next to Academy too.

I have not shopped at Wal Mart in years, but might use the neighborhood market....nah...Crest will be a mile further thank goodness!!!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. They are putting a Crest in that area.

Yea Crest is the name I have been hearing since the year began, this is my first time hearing Costco. I dont think it would be the proper demographic for Costco any way.

With that said, Norman will have LOADS of grocery stores with the Sam's Club, West-side Walmart, East-side Walmart, Super Target, four Homeland's (one on Robinson, Lindsey, Main, and 12th/Alameda), Sprouts, Buy for Less and this new store being built.

Latest posts

Top Bottom