US preparing to launch cruise missile attack on Syria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the LA Times:

Early Sunday, the Syrian military command issued a statement calling the discoveries outside Damascus "clear-cut evidence" that armed opposition groups had used chemical arms. The seizures included "raw materials for making chemical weapons ... protective masks and large amounts of medicines used for treating inhalation of poisonous chemical materials," the state news agency reported. The seized materials were manufactured in Saudi Arabia, a major backer of Syrian opposition forces, and in Europe, the government said. Syria charges that the latest alleged chemical bombardments were launched from rebel-controlled territory onto civilian areas.

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldn...l-weapons-accusation-20130824,0,6477582.story

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this could take so many turns before it's over with & none of them seems to be good ones at the end of the day. I got a bad feeling about everything involved with us getting involved over there.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are wise to believe very little information that comes from Mid East governments--any of them. Then, when it gets picked over, filtered and massaged into talking points by our own government, it gets much much worse.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Syria must have a lot of oil fields untapped or something.

Natural gas - or at least an important pipeline?

It is not difficult to notice that the rebellion in Syria began to grow two years ago, almost at the same time as the signing of a memorandum in Bushehr on June 25, 2011 regarding the construction of a new Iran-Iraq-Syria gas pipeline…

The Arabic newspaper Al-Akhbar cites information according to which there is a plan approved by the U.S. government to create a new pipeline for transporting gas from Qatar to Europe involving Turkey and Israel

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-ge...ction-of-iran-iraq-syria-gas-pipeline/5337452

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can remember how everyone was pretty much shocked that a country like Argentina could hit a British warship with the relative ease that they did back in 1982. I hope we don't suffer the same fate if the Syrians have those Russian missiles. Wouldn't you think that a country that has used chemical weapons twice on it's own people wouldn't think twice about launching their missiles at a country that is launching missiles at it.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can remember how everyone was pretty much shocked that a country like Argentina could hit a British warship with the relative ease that they did back in 1982. I hope we don't suffer the same fate if the Syrians have those Russian missiles. Wouldn't you think that a country that has used chemical weapons twice on it's own people wouldn't think twice about launching their missiles at a country that is launching missiles at it.

Probably - if there was any proof that said country actually used chemical weapons on their own people. So far, no proof, and only the "word" of those who are looking for an excuse to attack them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom