Does the 10 Commandments monument at the OK capitol benefit or support Christianity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In MY opinion...... Based on, or basis doesn't construe Use, Support or benefit....neither does a copy of the ten commandments being displayed. I don't see where having them up goes against either the State of U.S. constitution. Now...if it said YOU MUST ADHERE TO THESE OR BE PUNISHED BY LAW...that would be a differnt story. : )

Regardless of denomination, or belief...if people would pay a little more attention to them, the world would be a better place : )

I've seen hindu,Buddhist, etc..etc... sayings and texts in different places and most of them make one better if they would listen to them. It doesn't mean i'm being forced to be a buddhist, or that i'm being repressed or anything. If i read them and can get something out of them, fine...cool groovy, if not i go on my way and don't let ruin my day.

~~~~~~~~~~

§ 5. Public money or property - Use for sectarian purposes.

"No public money or property shall ever be appropriated, applied, donated, or used, directly or indirectly, for the use, benefit, or support of any sect, church, denomination, or system of religion, or for the use, benefit, or support of any priest, preacher, minister, or other religious teacher or dignitary, or sectarian institution as such."

~~~~~~~~

Now i must go do something about those pesky fortune cookies that i keep getting in the Chinese place....They're trying to convert me!! : )

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'd rather see the money go to fixing pot holes.

Even though it was paid for by a private party, I agree.

Whether or not it technically qualifies as a First Amendment violation, it can still be taken as an open endorsement of one religion over another, which is not okay to do for an entity that's supposed to remain absolutely secular.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aside from the whole issue of religion, the way I see this is simply that this monument is not protecting anyone from a violation of their rights, so it is not something the government should be doing. Defense of rights is the only legitimate reason to use force or government.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yall go head an tare it down. Long with them statchus of Rebel soljers. Les git a new versun of histery goin hear, now.

Edit: Histery begins on 09-11-01, that, my angry lot, is the Beginin...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom