Government Shutdown in Effect.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.theatlanticwire.com_static_img_upload_2013_08_22_7drHiqr.gif

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks for folks with pending NFA transfers:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Government-shutdown-could-affect-firearm-sales/DCVLX24bSUCAL8YA5HGICg.cspx

“The NFA transfers, for example if you want to buy a legally registered machine gun, that process has gone from a transfer of about 90 days to anywhere from 9 months to a year

Anybody happy about this?

Be careful what you wish for.

It's been at least 10 years since I got a transfer or approval in 90 days.

How are we going to notice the shutdown? It's not like they're doing anything anyways. It's the actual working stiffs that are going to take the hit.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been at least 10 years since I got a transfer or approval in 90 days.

How are we going to notice the shutdown? It's not like they're doing anything anyways. It's the actual working stiffs that are going to take the hit.

Thought I saw in the NFA forum where someone had gotten one in like 4 weeks as recently as 2009? Maybe I misread, I dunno. Haven't done any NFA stuff myself, although I'd like to... the long frigging wait is my main deterrent.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the people who work gov jobs don't get paid but the water heads that cause the problems do?

Many .gov workers have been "exempted" or are funded through pipelines of money that don't get turned off during a shutdown.

In the end the "entitlement check" printers will keep running and Smokey the Bear will get a retroactive paid vacation.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unsure how to manage my day now, what will I do without the Federal Government to guide me? Maybe we should try this for 40-50 years...

Latest posts

Top Bottom