My insurance got cancelled.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^total ********

Edit: I guess you did say "supposedly", I'll give you that.

yes..."supposedly"...but I will say, I have personally found if you call BS on things without even looking at them, no matter how crazy, then you are just proving Darwinism to some degree. 10yrs ago, I attacked or dismissed anything that fell outside of my narrow world view...now I listen to others and keep an open mind, whether I agree or not. It has helped me and I recommend it. Otherwise, you can accept the status quo and everything that comes with it. Just like bigfoot...it is "possible" is it not?

I have the type II Sugas. Hereditary, it sucks. Even with the semi annual docs, tests and meds, I still spend less than $1000 a year on medical bills. But now I am supposed to drop an ass load on insurance? I am fed up.

FYI, my Dad was type-II and supplements helped normalize his blood sugar such that he did not need meds anymore...he had a lot of other issues, but that was one thing he was willing to try...of course, hereditary probably makes it more complicated. Some Cinnamon pills taken with each meal and 300-600mg or so of alpha lipoic acid WILL lower blood sugar FYI. I hope you find a good plan though...it is sad that 0bama has done this to us.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is possible that stem cell research will lead to the regeneration of the pancreas. Till then, no, you can't cure Type I Diabetes with diet.

I agree that stem cells show promise...but epi-genetics does too...your environment and diet can "swtich on" or "switch off" genes you carry...At the very least, even in a type-I diabetic, I'd expect some improvement if they followed a hard-core regimen, but it might not be worth it verses just taking the insulin.

One thing you need to know...God gave your body an amazing ability to repair itself, but we have poisoned ourselves so badly and nutritional values have gone down so much that we push this ability to the limits...until people accept this and hold those accountable for doing it, then it won't change...

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that stem cells show promise...but epi-genetics does too...your environment and diet can "swtich on" or "switch off" genes you carry...At the very least, even in a type-I diabetic, I'd expect some improvement if they followed a hard-core regimen, but it might not be worth it verses just taking the insulin.

One thing you need to know...God gave your body an amazing ability to repair itself, but we have poisoned ourselves so badly and nutritional values have gone down so much that we push this ability to the limits...until people accept this and hold those accountable for doing it, then it won't change...

You're making some foolish generalizations here. Not everyone is sick because 'they did it to themselves.' I'm not sure God appreciates you volunteering his grace if people 'just try hard enough'.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have heard many people talking about premium increases, but there have not been many telling about policies cancelled. I have also heard of hours being cut in order to avoid paying healthcare for the workers.

Now my mother in law ( who is an Obama lover) lost her medicare supplement plan. Man I reminded her of how much she supported that (censored) and I only feel sorry for her because we are related.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're making some foolish generalizations here. Not everyone is sick because 'they did it to themselves.' I'm not sure God appreciates you volunteering his grace if people 'just try hard enough'.

Man I am having a hard time being understood lately. What you are doing here is projecting on to me what YOU want me to have said...Nothing you said is in any way accurate as to what my intent was.

I'll disregard 8yrs of research and experience gained from personal health challenges so as to please the narrow-minded and uninformed...I will go back to being a standard-issue republican so I can fit in now. Thanks for admonishing me for caring about people and sharing information that was outside YOUR world view and experience.

Seriously, I notice your avatar so I assume you are a patriot...doesn't it upset you when liberals falsely accuse you of being a racist, or ignore or shout down your debate about the crushing national debt using Saul Alinsky tactics? Don't be like them brother...I promise you we have more in common than you might think. 10yrs ago, I'd have been the one saying what you just did in your reply. Give me some credit for caring about my peers whether I know them personally or not. It is too easy to dismiss things on FEELING and EMOTION rather than set that aside and look into things for yourself. I think Badge Bunny knows too that I meant no harm and am just trying to make people aware of things you don't hear every day.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Obama. I just got a letter from Insure Oklahoma, which is what I use for insurance as a self-employed person. The letter states that due to federal changes to the Insure Oklahoma program, I am no longer eligible.

This is complete crap.

That's crappy. At my age and the state of my heath, company insurance is a BFD.

Our company insurance was worse this year than last and will be worse next year. Our HR woman ( the woman who argues with board for a 10% match in the 401k) says it's the Affordable Care Act in action. I do know our Health Savings Account max. pre-tax contribution has gone down

FYI, my Dad was type-II and supplements helped normalize his blood sugar such that he did not need meds anymore...he had a lot of other issues, but that was one thing he was willing to try...of course, hereditary probably makes it more complicated. Some Cinnamon pills taken with each meal and 300-600mg or so of alpha lipoic acid WILL lower blood sugar FYI. I hope you find a good plan though...it is sad that 0bama has done this to us.
I too am type II. The cinnamon helps mine stay level (less highs and lows) but it hasn't seem to lower mine. I've also heard a chromium supplement helps too.

And I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on tv, but I did drive by a Holiday Inn Express once.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I am having a hard time being understood lately. What you are doing here is projecting on to me what YOU want me to have said...Nothing you said is in any way accurate as to what my intent was.

I'll disregard 8yrs of research and experience gained from personal health challenges so as to please the narrow-minded and uninformed...I will go back to being a standard-issue republican so I can fit in now. Thanks for admonishing me for caring about people and sharing information that was outside YOUR world view and experience.

Seriously, I notice your avatar so I assume you are a patriot...doesn't it upset you when liberals falsely accuse you of being a racist, or ignore or shout down your debate about the crushing national debt using Saul Alinsky tactics? Don't be like them brother...I promise you we have more in common than you might think. 10yrs ago, I'd have been the one saying what you just did in your reply. Give me some credit for caring about my peers whether I know them personally or not. It is too easy to dismiss things on FEELING and EMOTION rather than set that aside and look into things for yourself. I think Badge Bunny knows too that I mean no harm and am just trying to make people aware of things you don't hear every day.

I do know that, but I also believe that traditional Western medicine has a lot to offer folks. It is my personal belief that in order to acheive and maintain OPTIMAL health one needs to understand and accept the strengths and limitations of each medical philosophy out there, and mix and match treatments to best fit their own personal issues.

There are a lot of quacks and charlataines practicing medicine, whether they hold a "traditional" or "alternative" degree. To ignore that fact is to do so at your own peril ... and suffering.

Human beings are uniquely different while being much the same. There is a very valid reason why "tried and true" treatments of any medical discipline will work for some or even most, but not all people.

So, while I think you mean well, in your zeal to "get the word out" so to speak, you are making it sound like everyone has complete and total control over whether they are healthy and happy, or sick and somewhat less happy ... That is a perilous road to travel down. There's a reason they call it the "practice of medicine" ... (And I'm really glad you found what works for you!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom