Moving while waiting on tax stamp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I submitted my paperwork for a tax stamp for an sbr in August. My wife got a really good job opportunity in Tulsa. With my job I have the flexibility to live in either Tulsa or okc so we will be moving to Tulsa from okc shortly. My question is do I need to notify the ATF of the move immediately or should I wait until the stamp? If it matters I filed under a trust.

Thanks

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent in my change of address forms while waiting on two stamps, SBR and sparrow. Of course the sparrow went to Dustin, where I bought it from. My SBR was just approved and is supposed to come to my new address. Don't forget to forward your mail on USPS, this should just make sure if the stamp gets mailed before the change of address is processed it still comes to your new house.

Also, this did not delay either of my stamps.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat here.
My process started in April and was told it would be around Jan before I see it. I'm going to go ahead and submit a change of address form to the ATF in hopes they send to my new house.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
update. Finally got the phone answered. You need to do this as the stamp will not be forwarded through the post office.
Fill out and send this form in. She said it will approve in time before the Form 4 is mailed. If you submitted in August you've got plenty of time. Below is the form.
http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5320-20.pdf

Also. New status update is expect to be delayed further. She could not confirm the eta of April I was getting a couple months ago. Man this is brutal!

Latest posts

Top Bottom