SBR Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Putting together my first SBR. Sent in Eform 1 today, pending today. Made a trade for a 10.5 Noveske Basic upper but am making some changes. Pulling the gas block, Fortis Rail, & KX3 pig off.
Gonna be sweet, hasn't been 6 hours and already tired of waiting for my stamp.

Noveske Gen 2 Lower
Gisselle SSA trigger
Magpul UBR Stock
Noveske Basic upper 10.5
Noveske Low Pro gas block
11 inch NSR rail
KX5 Pig, should be out by the time the stamp clears.
Primary Arms micro dot, in market for Aimpoint Micro

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like it should be a nice build.

Not trying to be a jerk, but you should be careful about posting what you already have due to this:

From http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-short-barreled-rifles-shotguns.html

Q: May a FFL or an individual legally possess the parts to manufacture an SBR or SBS as long as no firearms are actually assembled?
A FFL (Type-7 or Type-10) who pays the Special Occupational Tax (SOT) may possess parts required to assemble NFA firearms. A non-licensee or FFL who has not paid the SOT is required to register any NFA firearm via an ATF Form 1 (5320.1) prior to acquisition of the parts required to assemble such firearm.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like it should be a nice build.

Not trying to be a jerk, but you should be careful about posting what you already have due to this:

From http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-short-barreled-rifles-shotguns.html

Q: May a FFL or an individual legally possess the parts to manufacture an SBR or SBS as long as no firearms are actually assembled?
A FFL (Type-7 or Type-10) who pays the Special Occupational Tax (SOT) may possess parts required to assemble NFA firearms. A non-licensee or FFL who has not paid the SOT is required to register any NFA firearm via an ATF Form 1 (5320.1) prior to acquisition of the parts required to assemble such firearm.

Not a jerk at all. I don't have it in my possession @ this point and it will be a pistol till the stamp comps in. Def good info though, better safe than sorry .

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can use eforms without an ffl? I thought that was for ffl holders only.

Trust or corporations can submit eForm 1; individuals still have to use paper forms.

ETA: There is an option to upload fingerprint cards and photos, as well as the trust and corporation documentation, but the ATF has not begun accepting them yet.

Last edited:

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trust or corporations can submit eForm 1; individuals still have to use paper forms.

Dang there goes another $200.00. A little of topic but if I sbr an existing ar withva prs stock, and rifle length handgaurd with 10 in barrel is overall length going to be from back of stock to front of barrel or front of handgaurd? Handgaurd is 12" barrel will be 10.5.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Barrel length: 10.5"
Overall length: {measurement from back of extended stock (or fixed, in your case) to the front tip of the weapon}

Latest posts

Top Bottom