Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington R-51

Default Re: Remington R-51

I wonder what the sight picture looks like. I know the rear sight is shaped to keep from snagging on draw, but it looks like it is on backwards. I hope the finish on the slide looks as good on the production units as it does in the photo.

Ohh and it is dying for a set of wood panels. This feature is something that majority of the other carry pistols dont have.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE JOKER View Post
    The thread had moved from the butthurt stage to the "I'll kick your ass" pm stage
    Remember 12/17/2012 some stores turned their back on the community.
    Cheaper than dirt $59.95 P-Mags
    Dicks for having a v-jj
    Kings Guns in Cushing $75.00 P-Mags
    Brigadoon in Del City $39.95 used GI mags
    Savage Trading in Yukon $800.00 per thousand
    Heartland Outdoors $49.00 P-Mags

Looks pretty cool!
    Anti-Lock Evangelist #2

FEEDBACK

Is that a grip safety? The grip panels look interesting - those screws (If they are) look like rivets.
    Mongo only pawn in the game of life. - Mongo

I am pretty sure it is a grip safety.

I think there are little hex heads recessed in the counterbore of head.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE JOKER View Post
    The thread had moved from the butthurt stage to the "I'll kick your ass" pm stage
    Remember 12/17/2012 some stores turned their back on the community.
    Cheaper than dirt $59.95 P-Mags
    Dicks for having a v-jj
    Kings Guns in Cushing $75.00 P-Mags
    Brigadoon in Del City $39.95 used GI mags
    Savage Trading in Yukon $800.00 per thousand
    Heartland Outdoors $49.00 P-Mags

Yes, it has a grip safety.

BTW - the model 51 does not have a great trigger, does not stay open on the last round fired, has a magazine disconnect and is rather a PITA to field strip. The slide has to be removed with the hammer cocked while pulling on the bore end of the barrel.

So I hope the R-51 gets rid of some of this.
    I love Christmas lights. They remind me of the people who voted for Obama.
    They all hang together; half of the little bastards don't work, and the ones that do aren't that bright.

I like it, kinda cool design. Good for them. Wanna hear from Gunblast or Hickok45.

Quote Originally Posted by cznick View Post
    I like it, kinda cool design. Good for them. Wanna hear from Gunblast or Hickok45.
    Here's a short video from Gunblast. Not much, but it does show how the pistol breaks down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgqtnA4t98U
    "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest." ---Adam Smith

"Ya don't weigh in, ya don't wrassle" --- Mac

"We sometimes forget the power of "NO.". "NO." has unique properties. It doesn't invite further discussion. It doesn't respond well to queries or parsing language. It is what it is, a powerful, simple statement of fact. There is no "why?", there is simply "NO"." --- Glocktogo

Quote Originally Posted by Pokem807 View Post
    Here's a short video from Gunblast. Not much, but it does show how the pistol breaks down.

I don't know if I trust GunBlast's reviews or not... I've never seen him give a bad review

Patron

Quote Originally Posted by KOPBET View Post

BTW - the model 51 does not have a great trigger, does not stay open on the last round fired, has a magazine disconnect and is rather a PITA to field strip. The slide has to be removed with the hammer cocked while pulling on the bore end of the barrel.

The videos show the action stays open after the last round is fired.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeRcode View Post
    The videos show the action stays open after the last round is fired.
    That's good to know. The 51 did not.
    They all hang together; half of the little bastards don't work, and the ones that do aren't that bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Ohh and it is dying for a set of wood panels. This feature is something that majority of the other carry pistols dont have.
    problem already addressed by Remington...
    R51 ROSEWOOD GRIP PANELS REPLACEABLE CHECKERED ROSEWOOD GRIP PANELS FOR MODEL R51 PISTOL ROSEWOOD $29.95

Quote Originally Posted by Pokem807 View Post

Thanks Poke. I enjoy his vids....
    Last edited by cznick; 01-06-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOPBET View Post

Since you actually have one of the originals, how easy do you think it would be to limp wrist? I saw somewhere on the web that the recoil spring isn't as bad as one would think, but you know what that's worth. I ask because my tiny daughter can actually limp wrist her M&P9 into not resetting the trigger and has trouble chambering a round. She can do it, but it's a struggle.
    Feedback Link

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

One Big Ass Mistake America
    Did you ever notice that when you add "The" and "IRS" you get "Theirs"?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoForFlinching View Post
    I don't know if I trust GunBlast's reviews or not... I've never seen him give a bad review
    That's true. I think Jeff is just a gun guy and likes about everything he fires. Not a bad gig. A couple of years ago at the Wanenmacher show I realized he was standing next to me and we talked for a bit. Nice guy.
    Anti-Lock Evangelist #2

FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrider View Post
    Since you actually have one of the originals, how easy do you think it would be to limp wrist? I saw somewhere on the web that the recoil spring isn't as bad as one would think, but you know what that's worth. I ask because my tiny daughter can actually limp wrist her M&P9 into not resetting the trigger and has trouble chambering a round. She can do it, but it's a struggle.
    Good question. With the delayed blowback operation of the locking breech mechanism, the recoil spring is supposed to be lighter so chambering a round should be much easier for her. My guess is that limp wristing should be less of a concern and have less felt recoil as well.