Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default After-Birth Abortion, The pro-choice case for infanticide.

WOW is all I can say. Luckily this just seems to be a couple of fruitloops way out in lefty field.

Just when you thought the religious right couldn’t get any crazier, with its personhood amendments and its attacks on contraception, here comes the academic left with an even crazier idea: after-birth abortion.

No, I didn’t make this up. “Partial-birth abortion” is a term invented by pro-lifers. But “after-birth abortion” is a term invented by two philosophers, Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva. In the Journal of Medical Ethics, they propose:

[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child. Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/health...anticide_.html

Default Re: After-Birth Abortion, The pro-choice case for infanticide.

So the six-year-olds killed in Newton would be considered twenty-first trimester abortions? I bet the libs could get behind that. Of course, then they'd be arguing that only the government and spree killers should be allowed guns.
    Never ascribe to malice, that which can be more easily explained by incompetence. -Hanlon's Razor

Pats on the back and trash talk.

Finding the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything!

Sick.
    You say filthy Squid like it's a bad thing!

A warrior is non judgmental, we do not judge others, for judgement is the providence
    of GOD alone. We however, are charged with arranging the meeting.

Politics in a nut shell. Elephants and Asses Screwing the Masses!

Quote Originally Posted by BadgeBunny View Post
    My take on all this is that God has a righteous sense of humor and said "Hey!! St. Pete ... that guy's playing with those friggin' snakes again ... Hold my wineglass and watch this!"

Quote Originally Posted by Defnestor View Post
    So the six-year-olds killed in Newton would be considered twenty-first trimester abortions? I bet the libs could get behind that. Of course, then they'd be arguing that only the government and spree killers should be allowed guns.
    Lets start with the two a$$holes who thought this up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Defnestor View Post
    First, I in no way agree with their original idea. it's wretched and shameful. However, I think the idea is that after the child is born it is determined that it is mentally or physically handicapped and the parents elect to not raise (or don't have the means to raise) a special needs child it can then be terminated. I suppose it would also cover premies.

Either way, it's a horrid idea.
    "People that talk in metaphors oughta shampoo my crotch" - Melvin Udall

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by RickN View Post
    Lets start with the two a$$holes who thought this up.
    Slowly, using dull spoons.

Quote Originally Posted by aviator41 View Post
    First, I in no way agree with their original idea. it's wretched and shameful. However, I think the idea is that after the child is born it is determined that it is mentally or physically handicapped and the parents elect to not raise (or don't have the means to raise) a special needs child it can then be terminated. I suppose it would also cover premies.

Either way, it's a horrid idea.
    This is exactly what many pro-life people have been worried about, and what the pro-choice people kept saying would never come up. That the idea was just to horrible. Ta-da, here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Boehlertaught View Post
    Slowly, using dull spoons.
    Works for me.

How does one abort an afterbirth? I thought it exited naturally in most cases.

You guys should read "Freakonomics" for an interesting angle on abortion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't a lot of nobler societies practiced abandoning or killing their offspring if it was defective at birth? Several Native American groups come to mind. Cold as it may seem, it does reduce the number of viable mating candidates that carry bad genes.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...anticide_N.htm

Its my opinion that the jack holes that thought this up should be aborted because obviously they aren't human beings either

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. - Rev 19:11 kjv

Quote Originally Posted by eyecyou View Post
    Its my opinion that the jack holes that thought this up should be aborted because obviously they aren't human beings either

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    They didn't "think this up". It's been practiced since the dawn of time.

Quote Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
    They didn't "think this up". It's been practiced since the dawn of time.
    So has stoning homosexuals to death, you really want to defend either practice?

Quote Originally Posted by RickN View Post
    So has stoning homosexuals to death, you really want to defend either practice?
    I said it was effective at removing bad genes from the gene pool, and it is. Just because it offends modern sensibilities doesn't make it "new" or ineffective.
    As for stoning homosexuals - what is the intent? It may be effective, but give me a little context.

This is a timely posting, Rick. You bring up a paper written by two Dutchmen two years ago at the exact time that our own DutchWrangler has reappeared?

What is a Dutch Wrangler? A Dutch wrangler wrangles Dutchmen, which is the easiest job in the world because Dutchmen wear wooden shoes and typically have their fingers in dike.

This really blows my mind, Rick. How did you come up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by ignerntbend View Post
    This is a timely posting, Rick. You bring up a paper written by two Dutchmen two years ago at the exact time that our own DutchWrangler has reappeared?
    It wasn't two years ago...yet.
    I love Christmas lights. They remind me of the people who voted for Obama.
    They all hang together; half of the little bastards don't work, and the ones that do aren't that bright.