Gun in a car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goathead

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for info and info I can understand
Can you carry a load gun in your car glove box without a CCW
My wife works late nights and hasn't be able to take CCW class I would like her to carry a gun at less in the car, any help would be great thanks

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife works late nights and hasn't be able to take CCW class I would like her to carry a gun at less in the car, any help would be great thanks

From my understanding, no, but they are trying to pass a bill where you can. I'm sure there are many on here that will chime in with specifics, as I'm interested in this as well.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not loaded, but if its a semi, loaded mag, rubberband to gun.

Hide well,if not in the car, if she is in the car it must be visible, or in a box/container that clearly shows its a gun.

There are some better ideas, I'm sure will come along, in car safe...etc

Revo ,speed strip, same ideas

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You can do just about anything you want, the legality of what you do is the question.

You can not legally carry a loaded firearm in your car without a handgun license. However if you choose to do so, and are caught you could face charges for Improper Transportation of a Firearm:
title 21 said:
A. Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 1272 or 1289.13 of this title, any person stopped pursuant to a moving traffic violation who is transporting a loaded pistol in the motor vehicle without a valid handgun license authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act or valid license from another state, whether the loaded firearm is concealed or unconcealed in the vehicle, shall be issued a traffic citation in the amount of Seventy Dollars ($70.00), plus court costs for transporting a firearm improperly. In addition to the traffic citation provided in this section, the person may also be arrested for any other violation of law.

B. When the arresting officer determines that a valid handgun license exists, pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act or any provision of law from another state, for any person in the stopped vehicle, any firearms permitted to be carried pursuant to that license shall not be confiscated, unless:

1. The person is arrested for violating another provision of law other than a violation of subsection A of this section; provided, however, if the person is never charged with an offense pursuant to this paragraph or if the charges are dismissed or the person is acquitted, the weapon shall be returned to the person; or

2. The officer has probable cause to believe the weapon is:

a. contraband, or

b. a firearm used in the commission of a crime other than a violation of subsection A of this section.

C. Nothing in this section shall be construed to require confiscation of any firearm.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1289.7 FIREARMS IN VEHICLES
Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle, shotgun or pistol, open and unloaded, at any time. For purposes of this section “open” means the firearm is transported in plain view, in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack mounted in the vehicle, in an exterior locked compartment or a trunk of a vehicle.

Any person who is the operator of a vehicle or is a passenger in any vehicle wherein another person who is licensed pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry a handgun, concealed or unconcealed, and is carrying a handgun or has the handgun in such vehicle, shall not be deemed in violation of the provisions of this section provided the licensee is in or near the vehicle.

PLAIN ENGLISH: WITHOUT A CARRY LICENSE, YOU ARE PROHIBITED FROM LOADING THE GUN OR CONCEALING IT IN THE VEHICLE.
WITH A CARRY LICENSE, YOU MAY LOAD AND CONCEAL A HANDGUN.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1289.7 FIREARMS IN VEHICLES
Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle, shotgun or pistol, open and unloaded, at any time. For purposes of this section “open” means the firearm is transported in plain view, in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack mounted in the vehicle, in an exterior locked compartment or a trunk of a vehicle.

Any person who is the operator of a vehicle or is a passenger in any vehicle wherein another person who is licensed pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry a handgun, concealed or unconcealed, and is carrying a handgun or has the handgun in such vehicle, shall not be deemed in violation of the provisions of this section provided the licensee is in or near the vehicle.

PLAIN ENGLISH: WITHOUT A CARRY LICENSE, YOU ARE PROHIBITED FROM LOADING THE GUN OR CONCEALING IT IN THE VEHICLE.
WITH A CARRY LICENSE, YOU MAY LOAD AND CONCEAL A HANDGUN.

What if its in the trunk??

Latest posts

Top Bottom