snipershide 6 groups of 5 rounds - 30 round shootout.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there is a "semi" version going on as well. You can get an honorable mention ......

Why in the world you don't have a bolt gun anyway?

Got rid of them when I got the M1a. It's more accurate then all the bolt guns I have owned. Only downside, it's heavy.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, since you're not close to Ada, and you're in SE OK, you might be closer to Valliant. I've got a 250 yard range. Just got to promise not to shoot any of my daughter-in-laws cows! She's kinda funny about things like that.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went and did the many rounds of 5 shot groups today.
Sure is different than 3 shot groups .. A mix of new lapua brass and many times shot winchester brass with 1gr more varget in the winchester cases.
My winchester brass grouped tighter.. Now that the Lapua brass has been shot I can now size to my liking and work up a load for it.
Gun was not cleaned from the last 2 times i took it out..I need to clean it now,,And i need to watch my AO as it had moved on me quite a bit during the shooting..This i did not notice until the last shot was fired!!!! crap it all.

OH well this is my hunting load and i worked it up at 211 yards as i could care less what 100 yards does..
Last time out it put 4 shots at 211 yards into a .727" center to center group.
I have had tight 100 yard groups that did not do so well at 200+ funny how those things work out.
Anyway here is my failed attempt.
Will be cleaning the gun tomorrow and sizing some .308 brass.

hipoint45 023.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I went and did the many rounds of 5 shot groups today.
Sure is different than 3 shot groups .. A mix of new lapua brass and many times shot winchester brass with 1gr more varget in the winchester cases.
My winchester brass grouped tighter.. Now that the Lapua brass has been shot I can now size to my liking and work up a load for it.
Gun was not cleaned from the last 2 times i took it out..I need to clean it now,,And i need to watch my AO as it had moved on me quite a bit during the shooting..This i did not notice until the last shot was fired!!!! crap it all.

OH well this is my hunting load and i worked it up at 211 yards as i could care less what 100 yards does..
Last time out it put 4 shots at 211 yards into a .727" center to center group.
I have had tight 100 yard groups that did not do so well at 200+ funny how those things work out.
Anyway here is my failed attempt.
Will be cleaning the gun tomorrow and sizing some .308 brass.

View attachment 38145

It's a MOA measurement contest, shoot it at 211yds and measure appropriately. .727" CtC @ 211yds is under half MOA, you should place purty durn high on the rankings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom