Getting home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bicycle is a good idea, and if you think you don't have room in your car, look into a folding bicycle. Yes, that's a thing. Google will turn up plenty, and some of them are fairly inexpensive. Some of them come with cargo racks and/or baskets, and you can get cargo racks and baskets for a lot of the ones that don't.

Strange but true. I've seen a bunch of Japanese tourists bring those things with them on vacation to Anchorage. Wierd cause we got bicycle rental shops here. But there they are pedaling their little legs as fast as they can go.

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_foldbike_zpsfa2ff569.png

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bicycle is a good idea, and if you think you don't have room in your car, look into a folding bicycle. Yes, that's a thing. Google will turn up plenty, and some of them are fairly inexpensive. Some of them come with cargo racks and/or baskets, and you can get cargo racks and baskets for a lot of the ones that don't.

You have my attention. Going to have to look into this folding bike thing.

Flamedude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SHTF scenario may encompass much more than just zombies. Along with all the great information from others; something else one may want to consider is how to blend in with the masses. If you have a camo MOLLE laden tactical bag, and you are dressed like a security gaurd or Mr. Tacticool, you may be easily picked out of the crowd. Just consider your surroundings and try to become the "grey man" and and then bail out when the opportunity arises.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if I'm at work in downtown Tulsa (approx. 25 miles from home) and a SHTF incident occurs, I'm not going anywhere unless our building gets overrun. Y'see, it's my job to ensure that the occupants of our building are protected from crap like that. I don't get to go anywhere until the incident is over or the building is evacuated, and I'm released. That said, there's a good chance that the parking garage will be toast and my truck with it. I keep a pack with ration bars and spare ammo in my locker; I have plenty of water; and there's a spare uniform in my locker. Depending on how quick things calm down, I might be able to get a supervisor to give me ride to the airport area in the "big truck," and it's an easy 5-6 miles through the country to get home. I probably need more clothing (civilian), and a mountain bike (folding or not) sounds like a good idea.

What sucks (and I knew this going in) is that if the SHTF as described above, I'll get called to come to work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom