Quick-thinking homeowner catches thief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David McCracken’s wife had just left for work when his doorbell rang.
A quick-thinking homeowner helped police catch a thief.

Police said a man was not doing anything unusual for a thief. They said he was casing a neighborhood, but picked the wrong house and got the wrong neighbor.

When McCracken opened the door, he found Jeffrey Ervin armed with a gun and a story.

Police said the 18-year-old told McCracken that his name was Mike Smith and that he was looking for a missing dog.

“I felt silly calling 911. I really did,” McCracken said.

But police said his instinct was right. Officers caught Ervin stealing from a home about a block away.

“He didn’t seem menacing,” McCracken said. “He was just robbing the neighborhood.”

Neighbors said they know they can’t stop people from trying to steal from them, but they can keep an eye on the neighborhood and police can take care of the rest.

Read more: http://www.koco.com/news/quickthinking-homeowner-catches-thief/25540074#ixzz2zFhaVFxG

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is why I either don't answer my door or delay it for a long time, wait till they walk away and start getting into their car. If they chose to come in uninvited they win the surprise welcome!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom