Oklahoma Supreme Court delays executions of two inmates suing state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several of you have suggested the firing squad, which I have no problem with it being used. It did get me to thinking about how many people would be able to pull the trigger in that situation? How would you really know until you were in front of the condemned and had the finger on the trigger?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Several of you have suggested the firing squad, which I have no problem with it being used. It did get me to thinking about how many people would be able to pull the trigger in that situation? How would you really know until you were in front of the condemned and had the finger on the trigger?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imagine having to explain the whole Fireing squad thing to St. Peter.

You - It might be mispelled.
St. Peter - I'll check again but Gods a good speller.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toehanus...that would be me. I have absolutely, positively, no problems and no objections pulling the trigger. Even through a biblical/theology mind set..I will be the one who answers for my actions and accounts...I'm prepared to undertake that obligation.

Trust me, I have tried several times to witness an execution..through the prison system.

The DOC has made it extremely difficult, you either have to be family of the executed, family of the victim, or press. I have tried several times to obtain (up to $1, 000 dollars) a pass from media memebers...."ain't gonna happen".

Anyway, with the firing squad, no- one knows who actually killed the person. Usually three consist of the firing squad...two are given blanks and one a live round. No-one knows which came out of their rifle exceptional the person who handles the ammo.

Quite a while back...I can't remember..I was reading about mass murderers and at the end of the book it made mention of an American executioner with the penal system and the number of people he sent to eternity.

Dang, who was that...can't remember.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd serve on a firing squad. But I think it should be 5 or 7 shooters and all but one should be given live rounds. We don't want to take any chances.

But honestly, the lethal injection thing is the most humane all the way around, I think, unless you go with the .45 to the back of the head/brainstem. Which, let's face it, our pansy-ass society today ain't gonna do. You just have to do the lethal injection properly. It's not frigging hard... load someone up with 20 or 30mg of Versed and then shoot 'em full of whatever other agent you want. They ain't gonna feel a thing. Period.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd serve on a firing squad. But think it should be 5 or 7 shooters and all but one should be given live rounds. We don't want to take any chances.

But honestly, the lethal injection thing is the most humane all the way around, I think, unless you go with the .45 to the back of the head/brainstem. Which, let's face it, our pansy-ass society today ain't gonna do. You just have to do the lethal injection properly. It's not frigging hard... load someone up with 20 or 30mg of Versed and then shoot 'em full of whatever other agent you want. They ain't gonna feel a thing. Period.

Makes no sense to give anyone a blank. If your on the squad, your responcible. God would know and judge intent same as actual shooter.

One doesn't get a free pass because you might have fired a blank. Make the family do it, is only fair way to dole out a death penalty.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes no sense to give anyone a blank. If your on the squad, your responcible. God would know and judge intent same as actual shooter.

One doesn't get a free pass because you might have fired a blank. Make the family do it, is only fair way to dole out a death penalty.

The single blank is so someone can have a reasonable defense to themselves. I don't need or want it, personally. But they did it with the atomic bombs, too, didn't they?

Guilt can be a terrible thing sometimes. Personally, I don't think I need it. And I'm not worried about God being pissed at me for it. Not at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom