Not Again! Just move back!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I meant that the words "under God" are in it and it has overwhelmingly been accepted for decades now. If you don't like it then skip it, or just don't say the pledge at all. Make up your own and say it. But, don't try to make the majority change to fit the minority over something that is rather trivial really.

In other words, separate but equal treatment. Right, because all the weird looks when someone says "Allah", "Ra", "Zeus", "Odin, "Yamato" or, hell, the Spaghetti Monster isn't going to be a factor. That totally worked for Black people right? Separate but equal? I mean, they had functioning toilets, fountains and had their own area to be amongst their own kind! What more could they want?

The United States was founded on majority rule, yes, but it was also founded on that the majority rule shall not infringe on the rights or privileges of the minority regardless what is decided. The whole reason "Under God" was put into place, again, was because of the Red Scare and it was accepted all this time because the United States was dominated by the Christian faith who took it to heart. Now, Christianity isn't as densely populated as it was and a lot of folks want it reversed back to the good ol' Pledge before it so they don't feel like their chosen faith to be questioned or even assaulted.

I was in high school and the dude next to me said Allah and the ENTIRE class went dead silent and stared him down as if he were some rabid beast. How is that for the freedom of religious expression? How is that even fair because he's the minority? Oh. Right. Separate but equal. Comes with the territory, but, hey! It's okay because we can exercise it regardless of the ridicule!

Latest posts

Top Bottom