Schnauzer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are TONS of dogs that need good homes and would be excellent pets.

Please look into adopting a dog before paying a breeder who literally breeds their bitches into the ground.

http://www.oksaveadog.org/

http://www.okhumane.org/adopt/dogs

http://dog.rescueshelter.com/Oklahoma

Please do not support the dog breeding industry, especially when there are 1000s of loving caring dogs who need a home now, and would love to be your forever pet.

All of our dogs came from breeders while 3 or our cats were rescue or strays. The breeders were very clean, had nice facilities for the larger breeder while the smaller ones simply kept the dogs in the house due to offset litters. Not all breeders are evil and not everyone should be guilted into adopting. If you can track down a purebred schnauzer in a shelter then more power to you but purebreds cost more so less likely to end up in a shelter unless their owners really suck.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of our dogs came from breeders while 3 or our cats were rescue or strays. The breeders were very clean, had nice facilities for the larger breeder while the smaller ones simply kept the dogs in the house due to offset litters. Not all breeders are evil and not everyone should be guilted into adopting. If you can track down a purebred schnauzer in a shelter then more power to you but purebreds cost more so less likely to end up in a shelter unless their owners really suck.

Say what you will. There are plenty of dogs and cats that need good homes, so why support an industry that just adds to the problem? Dog and cat breeders are, in my own personal judgement, are a part of the one of the worst industries around. Sure, there might be a few good breeders, and I am sure that you have had very positive relations with your breeder, but they are a part of a business that promotes the abuse of animals and their offspring purely for profit, often in deplorable conditions, with little care or love for their animals.

So I say again:

Please look into adopting a dog before paying a breeder who literally breeds their bitches into the ground.

http://www.oksaveadog.org/

http://www.okhumane.org/adopt/dogs

http://dog.rescueshelter.com/Oklahoma

Please do not support the dog breeding industry, especially when there are 1000s of loving caring dogs who need a home now, and would love to be your forever pet.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree. All of my shepherds have come from a well-established, reputable breeder. Although I see a lot of "German Shepherds" at rescues, the vast majority of them are clearly NOT purebred. Not only that but I don't want a dog with behavior problems. I want a dog that I know has grown up in a loving home, with consistent boundaries, so there are no problems once they get here.

Breeders like you and I are talking about only breed a few litters a year and their puppies are in extremely high demand. NONE of these dogs wind up at shelters because the contract explicitly states that if you are unable or unwilling to care for the dog any longer you must return it to the seller. I've gotten several dogs that were returned to Susanne FREE OF CHARGE because she knew they would have a good home here. Only two of these dogs had problems and she was very upfront with me about why she was asking me to take then and not someone else. Unfortunately, they had been neglected by their previous owners for far too long and eventually it became apparent that I was not going to be able to help them. (After they had killed several of my other animals here, and one of them had growled at me when I asked him to sit.)

Dawg, bless his heart, is one lucky mutt. If he had had any behavior problems whatsoever I would have been the first person to say he needs to be put down. I've seen too many people dump their problems on shelters, or other people (out in the country) ... I'm not doing it.

Any dogs I've gotten from shelters (and there have been a few over the years) they have sworn to me on a stack of Bibles as tall as I am they were absolutely perfect pets. Once I've gotten them home, I've found that, invariably, I've been given a carbon copy of Cujo, personality wise. :(

And I'm not taking on anyone else's problem any more -- unless I know the story, straight up, up front, and have the option to do whatever needs to be done to keep myself and everyone around me safe, if it becomes apparent that any dog is not re-hab-able. In order to get that, I feel I have no choice than to deal with a REPUTABLE breeder, not a shelter or puppy mill. There are too many GOOD dogs that need a home for me (or anyone else IMHO) to waste their time with a dog that is unpredictable, even if it is not the dog's fault they wound up that way. Life's just rough that way sometimes.

Last edited:

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Guess I won't be getting any more schnauzers then. That's a bummer.

BB, if you ever want to have another play date with a pure bred dog from "one of the worst industries around" and obviously "a business that promotes the abuse of animals and their offspring purely for profit, often in deplorable conditions, with little care or love for their animals" and whose mom has apparently "been bred into the ground", let me know. :wave:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. All of my shepherds have come from a well-established, reputable breeder. Although I see a lot of "German Shepherds" at rescues, the vast majority of them are clearly NOT purebred. Not only that but I don't want a dog with behavior problems. I want a dog that I know has grown up in a loving home, with consistent boundaries, so there are no problems once they get here.

Breeders like you and I are talking about only breed a few litters a year and their puppies are in extremely high demand. NONE of these dogs wind up at shelters because the contract explicitly states that if you are unable or unwilling to care for the dog any longer you must return it to the seller. I've gotten several dogs that were returned to Susanne FREE OF CHARGE because she knew they would have a good home here. Only two of these dogs had problems and she was very upfront with me about why she was asking me to take then and not someone else. Unfortunately, they had been neglected by their previous owners for far too long and eventually it became apparent that I was not going to be able to help them. (After they had killed several of my other animals here, and one of them had growled at me when I asked him to sit.)

Dawg, bless his heart, is one lucky mutt. If he had had any behavior problems whatsoever I would have been the first person to say he needs to be put down. I've seen too many people dump their problems on shelters, or other people (out in the country) ... I'm not doing it.

Any dogs I've gotten from shelters (and there have been a few over the years) they have sworn to me on a stack of Bibles as tall as I am they were absolutely perfect pets. Once I've gotten them home, I've found that, invariably, I've been given a carbon copy of Cujo, personality wise. :(

And I'm not taking on anyone else's problem any more -- unless I know the story, straight up, up front, and have the option to do whatever needs to be done to keep myself and everyone around me safe, if it becomes apparent that any dog is not re-hab-able. In order to get that, I feel I have no choice than to deal with a REPUTABLE breeder, not a shelter or puppy mill. There are too many GOOD dogs that need a home for me (or anyone else IMHO) to waste their time with a dog that is unpredictable, even if it is not the dog's fault they wound up that way. Life's just rough that way sometimes.

Very, very well said. I've had shelter dogs, strays, drop offs and about every other way you can acquire a dog, including buying well bred dogs from breeders. I've gotten some great dogs from shelters, and two of the best dogs and most loved that I've had were strays. Saying that to say this, when I buy from a breeder I always check them out thoroughly, and because I've done my homework, I've NEVER gotten a crappy or problem dog from a breeder that I've decided to purchase from. I've had pets, yard dogs, and gun dogs that were all acquired from different breeders, and I've probably been lucky, but I've never had one gave me more problems than I could handle. I can't say that about the ones I've come by from someway other than a reputable breeder. To categorically declare all breeders to be the problem with dogs is as myopic as declaring all police officers to be abusive of their powers. It simply isn't true.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I won't be getting any more schnauzers then. That's a bummer.

BB, if you ever want to have another play date with a pure bred dog from "one of the worst industries around" and obviously "a business that promotes the abuse of animals and their offspring purely for profit, often in deplorable conditions, with little care or love for their animals" and whose mom has apparently "been bred into the ground", let me know. :wave:

Lol ... GC is back in days starting the 1st ... let me figure out when his days off are and you are on!! :woot:

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i got mine in Perkins south of stillwater. she advertised in the OKC paper at the time but not tulsa? it was nine years ago, on hwy 412 east of perkins. sorry do not remember the name.

Latest posts

Top Bottom