McDonald's in hot water over boy or girl toys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My thought as well... of course, the potential errors in a study coming up with a claim like that are legion.

Again your right. Studies have shown that the world is made up of 50% males and 50% females. Makes sense on the surface of the argument. We know those numbers can never be exact. There's legions of reasons why we can never no for certain an exact number. But what we can do is speculate it should be about half. Then you add in what else we know. Some people are born with both traits of male and female. Then a sample study is done. The results of that particular study would then multiplied over a section of the population and a number reached.

What know for a fact is that there are 3 genders. This "other" gender exists whether we choose acknowledge them or not. Im sure a study could be done to exclude them, or perhaps we could do like our founders and count them as something less. Perhaps we should have blue, pink and yellow toys. Or we could fuss over a source.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would hate to own a major corporation like that nowdays. They can't do anything without being under the microscope. I don't see anything wrong with asking if they want a boys/girls happy meal. My gawd.......If I was mcdonald's, I would just stop putting toys in there period. There, problem solved.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Then kids wouldn't pitch a fit to eat there.....Most of it is marketing ploy to get kids to make parents eat there. I say run em out of the country. Makin our kids fat and unhealthy anyways. Bring back tasty freeze, dairy boys and local diners. Mom n Pop owned type places.

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then kids wouldn't pitch a fit to eat there.....Most of it is marketing ploy to get kids to make parents eat there. I say run em out of the country. Makin our kids fat and unhealthy anyways. Bring back tasty freeze, dairy boys and local diners. Mom n Pop owned type places.

Perhaps it's a matter of parenting? I think our free market should allow a greasy place like McD's to open next door to a Whole Foods.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

great idea

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it would make a difference in your opinion, I'd share lots of source information. There is no one source, rather it's a lifetime of educating myself. I don't charge much but require an open mind. Or YOU Can GOOGLE Some Biased studies.

Vehemently refutes obviously hyperbolic statement with anecdotal evidence. This thread is complete!

Latest posts

Top Bottom