The Drinking Age Is Past Its Prime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a complete bunch of ********. The same kids who are popping pills and exhibiting other anti-social behaviors are also drinking anything and everything that is in Mommy and Daddy's liquor cabinet.

What has pushed American kids to pills and other anti-social behavior is their parents complete and utterly irrational inability to allow their children to have deal with the consequences of their poor choices. I guarantee you if these kids had had their butts dusted more when they were little, instead of being "reasoned" with and getting "time outs" that were cut short because they were being good for 30 seconds instead of the 5 minutes Mommy told them time out was gonna be, they would NOT be acting the way they are now as young adults.

Jeez ... WTF is wrong with people?!?!? :scratch:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I already have to share pretty much everything with my kids now, except for my alcohol. Leave it as it is 4 more years til my youngest is 21 and gone. Some things I just don't share well with others.

(via Tapatalk)

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What a complete bunch of ********. The same kids who are popping pills and exhibiting other anti-social behaviors are also drinking anything and everything that is in Mommy and Daddy's liquor cabinet.

What has pushed American kids to pills and other anti-social behavior is their parents complete and utterly irrational inability to allow their children to have deal with the consequences of their poor choices. I guarantee you if these kids had had their butts dusted more when they were little, instead of being "reasoned" with and getting "time outs" that were cut short because they were being good for 30 seconds instead of the 5 minutes Mommy told them time out was gonna be, they would NOT be acting the way they are now as young adults.

Jeez ... WTF is wrong with people?!?!? :scratch:

I know I would arather had a 5 minute timeout than a 5 minute whipping lol.

Each of my girls got 1 good spanking when they was about 12....Before that my man voice worked fine but after that spanking....daddy don't play. They're just old enough now to start telling of some shenanigans they got away with. But they do it very cautiously.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And it's legal to start driving at 16 here with some states as low as 14 without a licensed adult. Most countries are 18 and some are 21.

I'm not against someone giving the kid a drink at 18 or even 16 as long as it stays at home and they are with their parents or other adult responsible for their safe being. But other than that I could care less if the age to purchase was not available until after college. I really truly think that we shouldn't allow an inexperienced driver to also be inebriated in any way so what do we do, let them get some skills and brains in their heads before they can drink or let them drink like a fish and not drive till they can handle their drinking habits?

It's hard to say what to do, the real answer is parents who teach their children right from wrong as BadgeBunny has already stated. Until that point do we give a hormonal wreck a one to two ton killing machine or some alcohol or both at the same time and see how well it works out?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No amount of time outs whoopins or threats would have made me stop doing what I wanted to do.

I'm just a rebel that way, a lone wolf ,,maybe even a 1%er

Theres things out ther that NObody should know about, much less have to see, but I guess some of us Had to ,to warn the rest.

Be Careful out there, its not gotten much better or worse, its just different... 8/

And see I turned out just find....

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And it's legal to start driving at 16 here with some states as low as 14 without a licensed adult. Most countries are 18 and some are 21.

I'm not against someone giving the kid a drink at 18 or even 16 as long as it stays at home and they are with their parents or other adult responsible for their safe being. But other than that I could care less if the age to purchase was not available until after college. I really truly think that we shouldn't allow an inexperienced driver to also be inebriated in any way so what do we do, let them get some skills and brains in their heads before they can drink or let them drink like a fish and not drive till they can handle their drinking habits?

It's hard to say what to do, the real answer is parents who teach their children right from wrong as BadgeBunny has already stated. Until that point do we give a hormonal wreck a one to two ton killing machine or some alcohol or both at the same time and see how well it works out?

Yea, or even a cell phone, or vehicles equipted to sync to portable devices...8/

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed... the drinking age (and every other substance age limit) needs to go. Protecting kids from their own bad decisions is their parent's job and nobody else's. After they become adults, they bear responsibility for their own actions.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How can any reasonable person think that allowing a person to fight for our country but not drink or buy a handgun is logical. Change the law and let kids grow up.

Here's a little secret, a lot of kids drink because they aren't supposed to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom