Good small SUV/medium size sedan ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Consumers Reports rates Subaru Forester as the top small SUV. We bought a RAV4 since parts availability count for something and Subaru is not a mainstream car company. Very happy with the RAV after 5 yrs.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Subaru's will take a pounding! I like the Honda Pilot. That thing gets good mpg's, roomy enough for my fatass, the ride is good, and the value is better than most.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've driven all of the new ones through work Ford Edge, Ford Explorer, Ford Escape, Gmc Envoy, Gmc Arcadia, Chevy Terrain, Chevy Captiva, Jeep Grand cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Liberty, all the other Jeeps that kind of blur together, Hyundai Tuscon, Hyundai Santa Fe, Nissan Juke, Nissan Murano, Nissan Rogue, Toyota Rav4, and a handful of others and I have to say hands down the Ford lineup is the best. More spacious, better suspension, better performance, better options, less cheap feeling interior, you name it and they exceed it.
I used to be a diehard Chevy guy, but Ford really nailed it with their current line up.
I'd recommend the Ford Escape if you want a small SUV, and the Explorer for a Mid-Full size. The Edge is a nice one, but it feels a little dated at this point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom