Need Info for CLEET??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are the laws about carrying outside for CLEET? What is this i hear about having another license called an armed guard license or being bonded or something? Also, what can do with your weapon as far as pulling to handcuff and such? And what places are you able to go into or not go into with these certifications?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CLEET is the Council for Law Enforcement Education and Training. They state certify Law Enforcement and Security.

You will not get a CLEET LEO certification unless you are hired by an agency.

Security Guard certification can be achieved be attending CLEET certified schools and then applying for a security license through cleet.

As far as carrying, A police officer can carry (concealed or in uniform) pretty much anywhere they want as long as it is within dept policy.

I have no idea about security guard carry. I never got into that.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last I heard, the class was 8 weeks long. One academy is in Ada and the other somewhere up by Tulsa, cost is free, but you have to be employed by a Police agency. It is the basic academy for becoming a Police Officer in the State of Oklahoma.

TangoRomeo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
CLEET is the Council for Law Enforcement Education and Training. They state certify Law Enforcement and Security.

You will not get a CLEET LEO certification unless you are hired by an agency.

Security Guard certification can be achieved be attending CLEET certified schools and then applying for a security license through cleet.

As far as carrying, A police officer can carry (concealed or in uniform) pretty much anywhere they want as long as it is within dept policy.

I have no idea about security guard carry. I never got into that.

IIRC an individual with an Armed Security Guard License is allowed to carry only while on duty and inaaccordance with his/her employer's policies. The license does not authorize carry while on the way to/from work, or anywhere else.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Security guards can only open carry where they are employed, if they have to drive from the same employment but to another dept. somewhere else. Once off work you have to put your gear away.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last I heard, the class was 8 weeks long. One academy is in Ada and the other somewhere up by Tulsa, cost is free, but you have to be employed by a Police agency. It is the basic academy for becoming a Police Officer in the State of Oklahoma.

the school is longer and only in ada now....

but you still gotta be employed as the police...

Latest posts

Top Bottom