What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone who has experience with virtually all of the Milt Sparks IWB holsters,can you compare and contrast the Versa Max II to the SSII ?

I'm particularly interested in the pro/con of the stability,ease of concealment,comfort,and draw efficiency.

I like the VM2 but I'm just looking for more options.
(for Glock of course)

thanks.
J.P.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what it is about the Summer Special 2 but when someone gets one, they never go back to anything else.

I have the more expensive Executive Companion, which is the forerunner of the VM, and I much prefer the SS2 in terms of comfort but most importantly accessibility. I think the SS2 is as accessible as a kydex IWB but far more comfortable. The best draw of any IWB, IMO.

In terms of concealment, I think its six one way, half dozen another. I've worn the SS2 for over 20 hours at a time and never had a problem with comfort or concealibility with a cool max shirt under and a t-shirt over it.

Another big advantage of the SS2 is that they're inexpensive enough to buy two and have one to train in. They're also at your doorstep in 4-5 days since Brownell's and a few other dealers stock them for 9/40/357 Glocks and 1911's.

The disadvantage to the SS2 is it is not stitched as well as the EX or VM. thus it collapses easier under pressure. For carry, its no problem but when you get to rolling around on the ground, its less durable than the others.

Others say the VM is more stable and I would guess it is, but stability has never been a problem for me with the SS2. I think any additional stability is probably wasted.

In terms of retention, I'd say they're about the same because IWB only allows one point of contact in a fight over the holstered handgun.

J.P. I've got a couple SS2's so if you want to try one for a couple days, just give me a call or a pm.

Michael Brown

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How hard is it to reholster? I have to go into government buildings occasionally and that sort of thing - take my gun out in the car,etc.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its as easy as the VM2 or any other quality IWB. It still has a reinforced mouthband like the other Sparks holsters.

Its not AS durable as the VM2 or EX but its plenty durable.

Michael Brown

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michael Brown said:
For carry, its no problem but when you get to rolling around on the ground, its less durable than the others.

Can't you ever just *stand* there and shoot like a 'normal' person?
;)

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J.P. said:
Can't you ever just *stand* there and shoot like a 'normal' person?
;)

I try, but every once in a while when I'm tasting some cocaine off my knife to check its quality and telling some drug dealers that I want to buy $100,000 worth of cocaine for $100, they get pissed when I tell them they're under arrest and a guy pulls a shotgun out from the middle of some Christmas trees, tries to shoot me, and forces me to roll several times while shooting all of them.

Its times like that that the stitching of the SS2 shows its weakness.
:wink2:

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom