Skyy CPX / Sccy CPX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first handgun was a gift, a Skyy CPX. My father - bless his heart - picked it out for me, most likely bc "she's a woman, and therefore needs a smaller gun." Well.. I AM a woman, but I'm not a small woman.

I've never really loved the way the CPX felt in my hands, and I recently purchased a Glock, which I do like a whole lot better.

Anway, what do you think of the Skyy handgun? Should I keep it as a second gun? Or sell it/trade it in?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
They aren't that common, so I'm not exactly sure what it's worth. Looks like about $200. If you don't need the money, keep it for a while. Looks to me like a Keltec design with a safety. If those are your only two guns, it sure wouldn't hurt to keep it until you can afford to replace it with a better gun.

Have you shot it much?

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot it a few times.

The first time the front sight flew off and I had to take it to a gunsmith to replace.

The next time, I shifted my grip a bit, and the position of my thump kept putting the safety on.:oops3:

I mean... it goes "bang!" and puts holes in the paper people more or less where I want them to be, and all. :)

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sell it and get something you will like and enjoy shooting. The ones I have seen were okay guns but if it is not for you then don't waste time and ammo. Too many great guns to hang on to the ones you do not like.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one, its a decent little gun, but i also have a sig that i prefer 1bazillion times more than it. In my exp. im keeping mine because its good for people with tiny hands (i am not one of them).

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one, its a decent little gun, but i also have a sig that i prefer 1bazillion times more than it. In my exp. im keeping mine because its good for people with tiny hands (i am not one of them).

Now.. see.. that's where I'd disagree.

Having fired both it and my new Glock... the Skyy has a lot more recoil. I'm not a small, fragile woman by any mean (I'm 5'7"), and that thing really kicks in my hands. Comparatively, there's almost no recoil from the Glock.

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would keep it if for nothing else your dad gave it too you. Some day you can pass it on to you kids. One of my most treasured items is my grandfathers ammo pouch he carried in WWI. I have items of my dad's and I look at them and remember how great a father he was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom