Fish from Saturday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our church had a little tournament this last Sat. and I caught this guy about 30 min before weigh in. The boat I was in won 1st with 14 lbs of fish (5 fish) and I won the big fish award.
We were fishing at Lake Fuqua and it was HOT!!!

He weighed just over 6lbs

[Broken External Image]

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a nice fish! Pretty good stringer for the lake too. That lake was really popular in the late 90s when several 8 pound plus fish were common. It seems to lack its luster the last couple years.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice! And congrats on winning the tourney.

Our club is fishing the Duncan City lakes in September. I've never fished there and we can fish any of the four lakes there. Any recommendations?

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice! And congrats on winning the tourney.

Our club is fishing the Duncan City lakes in September. I've never fished there and we can fish any of the four lakes there. Any recommendations?

The only real recommendations I would have would be to hit the Culverts on the north end of the lake they run under the road that you drive in on and they seem to catch the shad coming in and out of those culverts.

The guy I fished with, fishes there a lot and said he has always had his best luck with natural colored lures none of the greens/chartuse(sp?) stuff has done that great. there is lots of stumps and stuff so plenty of areas that look "fishy" Good Luck

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fuqua would possibly your best bet, Humpries in my opinion would have to be right behind it. Humpries has quite a few stumpy coves. And then Clear Creek and Duncan can both be good at times. But I would recomend #1 Fuqua, #2 Humpries, #3 Clear Creek (because it is located between Humpries and Duncan) and then #4 Duncan Lake. Like I say, everyone has a different opinion, and thats all this suggestion is........and opinion. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Top Bottom