Advanced 3-GUN Training Course in OK City (Sept 19-20)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on your feedback we're going to do it. We're going to have a 3-Gun class! TDSA Tulsa and Kurt Miller are at it again. We're going to put on a 3-Gun class the weekend of Sept. 19-20th. We have it scheduled at the OK City Gun Club but until we get a confirmation from the board there, it's up in the air as to where it's going to be. We are going to put this class on though for sure. All you have to do is clear your calendars for that weekend.

In case you don't know Kurt Miller, he's the best. He's got countless numbers of match wins with iron sights and optics. Not only is he an incredible shooter, he's a damn fine teacher too. This class is going to prepare you for any type of multi-gun or 3 gun match. Heck, it will help you in your pistol matches for that matter. It doesn't make any difference what it is, between the fine instructors of TDSA and Kurt, we can help you become a better shooter!

Register on line at www.tdsatulsa.com. Tuition is $400 per student. OK City Gun Club members will get $50 off! OSA members get the same! This is going to be an awesome class!

Marshall Luton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$100 off would be a nice discount but I'm afraid you've got your numbers a little off. Since you are a member of the club you will receive a $50 discount and you don't have to pay the $25.00 range fee. That's basically the same thing as a $75 discount I guess. So.......congratulations on that! We're looking forward to training with you. This class is a go for sure. We've got a few spots left by the way. Kurt has lots of fun things planned for this one so jump in here if you want to get some of the best rifle, shotgun and pistol training in the country. After all, Kurt is one of the best 3 gun shooters in the world! Register while you still can!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just busting your balls Marshall. I would take the course for the full price if I had to. Thanks for the discounts though!!! I look forward to meeting you.
For those of you that don't know Kurt Miller. He is a great guy. He knows pistols, shotguns, and AR's better than most gunsmiths I have dealt with. Plus he can shoot like a SOB!
I just met him a few weeks ago and he has helped me get my shotgun and rifle ready for my first 3 gun match next weekend.
If you are on the fence about taking this course you need to just sign up!

Marshall Luton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew that. :buttkick: Just talked with Kurt about the class and got a few more details for everybody.

Round count goes like this:

Rifle: 400 rounds (no armor piercing or tracer rounds please!)
Shotgun: 200 rounds of birdshot and 50 slugs
Pistol: 300 rounds

You will learn:
How to hold the rifle properly and how to get into various positions correctly.
50 yard snap ins and how to crank off some fast doubles.
We'll talk about over-controlling the fore end of your rifle and close range sight offset.
How to shoot steel at 100 yards or more from the off-hand position on Flash targets. LOTS of fun!
How to use your mag as a great mono-pod and how to use a secure barricade for a super solid shooting position called reverse kneeling.
We'll shoot around some walls and shoot thru some walls using the ports.
We'll teach you why you need to STAY OFF COVER/PROPS unless it is solid and can be used to enhance your accuracy.
Magazine changes/ ammo management.
Slinging up the correct way.

Here are a few drills we'll do with our rifles: Down up w/ magazine change, rifle bounce, El Prez.
Lateral movement (both directions your dorks!)
Moving forward and how to "retreat" correctly with out showing everybody your muzzle!
You'll learn the Coolie slide, left hand grab and more!
We'll cover getting into positions fast and getting out of positions fast.

With the shotgun we''ll cover stance and grip.
Loading styles/ Counting vs. grouping.
Shoot one load 6-8, shoot one.
Static shooting and shooting on the move.
Speed shoots and some other fun drills.
Aerial targets/flippers. How many to shoot and when to engage them.
When to shoot the activators and when to come back to them.
Select a slug drills, Port loading, tube loading. Resting shotgun on props!
Sights and when to use them!

Pistol:
We'll start off teaching the draw stroke. (Just to make sure everybody's on the same page.)
We'll shoot lots of fun drills like the El Prez.
Loading off table and other things you might see in a match

While in a multi-gun scenario we'll teach you about the proper way to abandon the long gun.
We'll discuss gear answer your questions and tell you things you could learn only from experience.
Proper Maintenance. (OIL OIL OIL!! )
Scoring systems and the approach to shooting various courses of fire.
Lastly, we'll talk about how import your mental management system is!

This class is going to be incredible!! Better hurry up and register!

Latest posts

Top Bottom