Glock 17 or XDM 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter_55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently own a Glock 22 but am looking to have a new full size 9mm. Since I have an XD Subcompact 9mm, I am familiar with XD and Glock.

I am very intrigued by the new XDM 9mm with a 19 + 1 capacity, whereas, the Glock 17 has 17+1 capacity. The Glock is about $85 - $100 cheaper, but doesn't have the extra safety feature in the grip.

What do you more experienced shooters think. With 9mm ammo cheaper I would like to get one of these. I have also heard of the conversion kits for the Glock to shoot .22 cal which would still give me the same trigger pull and help with my shooting form.:ou1

specialfx78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll have more luck posting this in the handgun general discussion section located here...

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

In regards to your question...

I mainly shoot 9mm for cost reasons. Primarily through a Glock 19. I've heard excellent things about the XDMs but haven't shot one myself. I think the general consensus you will get from this board is that you can't go wrong with either choice.

landontc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the XDM a lot. I've shot both and it just fit my hand better. I think either would be a great gun.

Some people seem to worry about the grip safety being a nuisance, but I've never found it to be on the XD series or the XDM.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be going to H&H this next weekend if you bring a 100 rounds of 9mm i will let you put them though my XDM and my G17. That way you can decide for your self which one you like more. IMO i would choose my XDM hands down over the glock but thats my .02

GOTOGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently own a Glock 22 but am looking to have a new full size 9mm. Since I have an XD Subcompact 9mm, I am familiar with XD and Glock.

I am very intrigued by the new XDM 9mm with a 19 + 1 capacity, whereas, the Glock 17 has 17+1 capacity. The Glock is about $85 - $100 cheaper, but doesn't have the extra safety feature in the grip.

What do you more experienced shooters think. With 9mm ammo cheaper I would like to get one of these. I have also heard of the conversion kits for the Glock to shoot .22 cal which would still give me the same trigger pull and help with my shooting form.:ou1

Personally it's hard for me to turn my back on the simplicity of a GLOCK. I haven't shot the XDM, just the 17. I love it. Yes, take up the offer of shooting both and deciding which one you like better.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta say, I've not been impressed with the XDM enough to justify their price. In all honesty, if I were going to spend that amount of money, I wouldn't do it on an XDM and support Springfield's best-shoring of the manufacturing of their guns to Croatia (which should drive the cost down, not up).

I'd look at a Sig P226 or possibly a Walther if you want a step up from the Glock. The XDM is an excellent gun at $500 new and $400 used, but at $600+ new? No way. Either stick with the Glock, or look for a true upgrade for the price (in my opinion).

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've played around with the XDm and like it but not near as much as my Glocks. I'd go with the G17 though you would be better to compare the G34 and the XDm. IMHO..

Latest posts

Top Bottom