Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Default Replacement stock for Savage model 10

I have a Savage model 10 .243. It has the factory synthetic stock that is flimsy. When using a bipod the fore end will contact the barrel causing errant shots. I would like to a mostly drop in composite/synthetic.
    My Feedback
    Oklahomabassin Feedback

Ridgehunter--I'm always so grateful I never talk. Vaginas are like wild animals. You have to be very quiet or you scare them away. Even after you gain one's trust you should still be *amazed* it comes close enough to let you touch it. Especially most of us here. I've seen a lot of ya'll. Don't call up all your friends and yell "IT'S EATING FROM MY HAND RIGHT NOW."

Default Re: Replacement stock for Savage model 10

Anybody have a Bell and Carlson?
    My Feedback
    Oklahomabassin Feedback

Ridgehunter--I'm always so grateful I never talk. Vaginas are like wild animals. You have to be very quiet or you scare them away. Even after you gain one's trust you should still be *amazed* it comes close enough to let you touch it. Especially most of us here. I've seen a lot of ya'll. Don't call up all your friends and yell "IT'S EATING FROM MY HAND RIGHT NOW."

See what Hogue has now. CB

Check out my thread about Savage stocks.

I purchased the B&C A2 medalist and dont regret it one bit! Its definitely a bipod/benchrest stock.

SD What barrel profile is the A2 medalist designed for?
    My Feedback
    Oklahomabassin Feedback

Its inletted for the heavy bull barrel. Look at MMChambers tan rifle in the thread link I posted. That will give you an idea of what it looks like.

Yeah I looked at the link. My barrel is a standard contour, not sure how it would look.
    My Feedback
    Oklahomabassin Feedback

Try this link StockysStocks.com

I have a Savage hvy w/Choate I may replace at some point.

My .243 has a sporter barrel. I ordered a carbelite for it. I won't get to find out if I like it for 8-10 weeks. You would think for that time frame I ordered a custom carved wood stock with some kind of rare euroasian drift wood.
    My Feedback
    Oklahomabassin Feedback

For truly long waits, Boyd's has the championship. And they don't care. CB

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabassin View Post
    My .243 has a sporter barrel. I ordered a carbelite for it. I won't get to find out if I like it for 8-10 weeks. You would think for that time frame I ordered a custom carved wood stock with some kind of rare euroasian drift wood.
    Hand made rifle stock- 9 months+................ and that would be fast!!!!!!!

I filled the webbing of the factory stock forend with epoxy - made it solid for bipod and didn't add but a couple of ounces to the rifle.