Show us your european mount deer antlers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy that did mine called me today to say they are done. He only does the antlers, not the woodwork.
I'd like to see what everyone else has done, and maybe make a nice mount of mine.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is on top I shot 2 years ago. My brothers is on bottom he shot this year and he is getting it shoulder mounted. Mine scored 142 and his was 176. Mine looks just as big as his in the pic but it's just because of the angle.

[Broken External Image]

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have mine hanging with a piece of twisted wire. Taxidermist chocked up a piece of wire in a drill and twisted it. He then tied it on the back sides of the skull behind the eye sockets. It hangs and looks nice. Looks more rustic without woodwork IMHO. Just a cell phone pic, didn't want to get the camera out of the truck tonight.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_Image002.jpg

ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_Image005.jpg

mr.theman

Marksman
Reaction score
I have done two with the boiling method and they have come out pretty decent. I am currently raising a colony of Dermestid beetles to do my skull mounts with. It will be a few months before my colony is big enough to do deer sized skulls but I have some heads in the freezer waiting on them. I just hang mine with a peice of bailing wire

ai50.photobucket.com_albums_f309_494u2nv_100_1550.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made this out of some old wood off a turn of the century barn, and and old wooden fence post I cut at an angle.

I think it turned out pretty cool. I like it better than the store bought plaques. I'm making another for my 09 buck.

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_182.jpg

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_181.jpg

Using an angle will show more antler height and depth.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I was in the process of typing a reply, but gravity overcame my eyelids, and it was off to snooze time for the night.Guess I hit a key or two before waking up and going to bed.:D:D
Actually I like your Idea of using old barn wood. There is an old barn on our place, that is just one windstorm from hitting the ground. I'm going over there today, so I'll look around and see if there is anything similar.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That looks sweet ridge.., I make plaques for turkey fans out of that type of wood also.. If you cant find an old barn, old privacy fence wood works good..

btw, thats a dandy 8 point, he's got some killer g-2's!!
nice buck!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will post pice of the finished skull in the am. He did a really good job IMHO. Didn't make it to the farm for the barn wood today, but will go tomorrow for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom