Shotguns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really enjoy reading the posts about rifles and handguns but I am beginning to wonder if anyone shoots their shotguns any more? Nuttin I like better than bustin some clays but it is getting harder to get anyone to go any more. Also I don't see many threads on them either.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I wish I had the time and money for clay shooting - sounds like a real good time, and something I'd like to do. Otherwise I only get a few weekends of bird hunting in a year these days. But once I win that lottery....

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Number two on having the most fun in my life was when I was shooting sporting clays almost every weekend. Most of those ranges are gone now. Great excitement always comes with buying a new shotgun and getting out to shoot it for the first time.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't shoot clays, but I DO tote a shotgun gun with me damn near everywhere I go.

On duty at the PD I carry my Mossberg 590 in the cruiser. :police2:

Watching the gravel grow in my truck at my part time job (oilfield yard security) I have my Cimarron 1878 SxS 12 gauge on the seat next to me. :naughty:

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really enjoy the versatility of shotguns. Took an older 1100 and had the barrel ported, lengthened the forcing cone, modified the gas port and had a poly choke installed. When you shoot this gun you can leave your hand open on the forend and it will never leave your hand. It will dump the five rounds out as fast as you can pull the trigger with no barrel jump. Wound up with more money tied up in the barrel than the whole gun is worth but you can do everything with it from quail hunting to defense.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its a little cold now, but when the weather warms, We shoot clays just about every weekend. Either at Silver Leaf Shotgun sports in Guthrie, or at my buddies house. He has an Atlas automatic thrower, and I take my sit down 3/4 cock, and shoot hunting scenario's. We will have two birds in the air at one time, or throw one, and launch the other on report.

first shot may be left to right, and the second will be a 45 degree vertical straight away. I shoot enough shotgun that I finally broke down and got the RCBS Grand progressive loader, and picked up several thousand once fired hulls from a guy that went to the national trap championships. Lead shot is finally getting back to reality pricing. Thank goodness a guy in town buys it by the ton, and is willing to share.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had several over the years and do so right now.
But I only hunt with my Ithica 37 and have for years.
I've got a mossy's that a play toys for busting up stuff.
Got another that's for home protection.
Then there's the grandkids shotty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom