Marlin model 3070 lever gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looked at a marlin 30/30 today that the dealer had marked as a model 3079. Couldn't find any info on it so thought i'd pick your brains. Looks like a 336 to me but with embossed stock and a gold medallion on the butt. Is it basically a 336 or a cheap version? Value if in G/VG cond?

Thanks for any input

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not see anything like that on the marlin web site

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/

I looked because I had never heard of one.

Maybe its a .45-70? Maybe he meant .30-30? I dunno.

They have made cheap 336 models, for sale by Walmart and places like that. "Glenfield" comes to mind.

jej

jej

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found something that said that the model 3079 was a special run done by Marlin for Oklahoma Tire and Supply Stores. ...... These guns used a lesser quality birch wood stock, and run in the same values as standard model 30 Marlin lever actions. It is possible for the this model 3079 to not have a birch stock. A limited number of these gun were produced with the full Marlin treatment which included a walnut stock with bulls eye and white line spacers.

I dunnot how much to trust Wikianswers, though.

jej

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother has a Marlin Glenfield. Sounds like the same deal as the 3079. Same guts as any other 336. Nice gun. Kind of heavy. He put a peep sight on his - those open buckhorn sights are no good for those of us in the bifocal brigade.

jej

Latest posts

Top Bottom