another venison recipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any wild game can be used for this:
Jalepeno and meat peppers:

The easiest way is to cut them in half long-wise, leaving stem on both halves. Its not that hard with a sharp knife.
Dig out all the seeds, and webs with a spoon and latex gloves.(seeds and webs are where the heat is)
use a mix of the same ingredients for the mushroom pattiesbut include a 50% mix of the Johnsonville HOT
italian sausage. Either the Brats or the ground bulk version.
Using a baking sheet, make a mix of the meat, and put it in the pepper that has been sliced horizontally, making a mound in the center of each pepper.
Cook at 350 uncovered, for 1 hour. Any grease needs to be poured off, or the peppers taken off the baking dish with tongs, and put on paper towells to absorb the grease.
Just before taking them out of the oven sprinkle with the shredded cheese of your choice.
They are good at room temps or better warmed up.

,(Ok, Its a pretty simple and easy deal to make.
Venison burger mixed with garlic powder, finely diced onion, finely diced red or green bell pepper, Italian seasoned bread crumbs, minute rice and some of the spicy italian seasoning you get at sams in the big containers.
Make a hamburger patty, coat it in flour. Fry untill 90% done, and set out on paper towels to absorb any grease.
For the sauce, its two cans of Cambells golden mushroom soup, with one can of milk whisked in.
Put the patty's in a baking dish in a single layer. Add fresh sliced mushrooms, or a small can of the precooked on top, and any left over onions and bell pepper.
Pour the sauce over the top. If you have enough for two layers, put the next layer on top, with some more pepper and onion, and mushrooms.
Add sauce to this and spread over all the patties. You want just about enough sauce to be even with the top layer of patties.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour, uncovered until thickens, and gets bubbly.
Take it out and cover it with any shredded cheese of your liking.

I don't use recipe's when cooking, so the first time its going to be an learning experience. Use enough onions, peppers and rice so that the meat will stick together good. If it acts like it may get crumbly when making the patties, add an egg or two depending on how much burger you have.

At home we put fresh sliced jalepenos that have been seeded on top. Not too much heat, but just adds another layer of flavor.)

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a venison tenderloin in the oven the other night.

Take tenderloin, marinate over night in Italian dressing.

Season tenderloin with desired seasonings, then put 1/2 packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix on tenderloin.

Wrap tenderloin with bacon, takes about 4 strips of bacon, cut in half.

Place tenderloin in baking pan, cover with foil.

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, the last 10 being uncovered.

Slice and enjoy. Tenderloin will be medium-medium well.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That tenderloin recipe sounds pretty good. Dennis, while that recipe of yours sounds delicious, it's like you're mixing a ton of ingredients together, and putting a little venison in the middle for filler. It seems us hunters just sit around and dream up recipes making our venison more palatable for other folks to eat. I'm as guilty as the next guy. You should see all the crap I put in my deer burgers...but they DO taste good. Just for me, I can slice a hunk of deer meat off a hind quarter, season it and grill it just like I would a beef ribeye, and I'm a happy camper.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That tenderloin recipe sounds pretty good. Dennis, while that recipe of yours sounds delicious, it's like you're mixing a ton of ingredients together, and putting a little venison in the middle for filler. It seems us hunters just sit around and dream up recipes making our venison more palatable for other folks to eat. I'm as guilty as the next guy. You should see all the crap I put in my deer burgers...but they DO taste good. Just for me, I can slice a hunk of deer meat off a hind quarter, season it and grill it just like I would a beef ribeye, and I'm a happy camper.

I can sink a tooth into a grilled backstrap too.:D
You know how it is around our neck of the woods. The deer pretty much survive on wheat, beans, milo, and corn. Seems like something is coming on all the time.
I've taken deer in other parts of the state, and I don't think they are as mild tasting as the ones we get.

Latest posts

Top Bottom