Ruger SR9c Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had this for a couple of weeks now and I've been dying to try it out. I made it to the range with HMT204 today down in Okmulgee (Remember, kids.. when the game warden comes around, have your hunting license ready!).

Ruger SR9c
SportsWorld Tulsa
$420.99

1. The fit. Feels GREAT to the hand. Slim grip, yet plenty to hold on to.
2. Aim. Very natural to point/aim. Easy to line up.
3. Trigger. I have NO idea what people are talking about when they say SR9 triggers are no good. This is a nice, crisp trigger. It breaks sharply, but it's not too light... perfect for a carry gun.
4. Accuracy. Fantastic. First mag out of box was right on. This gun's only accuracy limitation was the shooter.
5. Recoil. VERY nice for a gun this size. It's quite comfortable to shoot.

Overall, this is a really nice gun to carry and, as I found out today, even better to shoot. It's a nice, compact carry weapon that also works well as a range plinker. This gun beats the Kel-Tec PF9 it replaced hands down. The quality of the Ruger put it in a completely different league. Oh, and my wife bought it for me! GAWD, but that's a good woman!

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for the report Bob; I have a NIB SR9c and was thinking of selling it but I might just decide to keep it. And that price at Sportsworld is the best I"ve seen---online or anywhere.

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RJ"s in BA had them for $399 the other day when we were out looking.Looks like a nice gun ,but w/ some of the issues Ruger has been having w/ there new releases we chose to let them work the bugs out of the first run [not that any have showed up yet] before we purchase one.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They say width is 1.27" wide. However, that's the measurement across the ambidextrous safeties. The slide width is just .92". It compares closer to a Glock 36 than 26. The slide pull is, indeed, less than the PF-9. It's comfortable.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How's the clip loading on the compact? I shot an sr9 at the range and hated how hard that bi*** was to load lol. I wasn't that impressed with the shooting of a sr9 but LOVED the feel of it. It mighta just been my skills tho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom