Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Default savage 110 7mm mag trigger?

Does anybody know if all savage model 110 7mm mag have adjustable triggers or do you have to buy after market one. I traded for a model 110 and the trigger is super easy to pull I can barely put my finger on the trigger and it will fire. The first timeI fired it I almost wasn't ready when it went off.
    "The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!" GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY.

Default Re: savage 110 7mm mag trigger?

Does it have a little blade in the middle of the trigger. If so then it is an accutrigger and can be adjusted. If it is older it wouldn't have an accutrigger and wouldn't be adjustable however you probably wouldn't be complaining about a light trigger pull with a pre-accutrigger. Last it could be an after-market which most are adjustable unless it was custom done by a smith but you should be able to bump up the pull. Most after market wont go much higher than 2-3# so it will still be a fairly light trigger pull for a hunting gun. If you post pics I am sure we could tell you more, not just the trigger but the whole assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by StammesOpfer View Post
    Does it have a little blade in the middle of the trigger. If so then it is an accutrigger and can be adjusted. If it is older it wouldn't have an accutrigger and wouldn't be adjustable however you probably wouldn't be complaining about a light trigger pull with a pre-accutrigger. Last it could be an after-market which most are adjustable unless it was custom done by a smith but you should be able to bump up the pull. Most after market wont go much higher than 2-3# so it will still be a fairly light trigger pull for a hunting gun. If you post pics I am sure we could tell you more, not just the trigger but the whole assembly.
    No it does not have a blade in the middle I tried to post pics but this forum does not allow enough space for camara to post pics. Not really complaining about the pull but think it's unsafe the wind could blow hard and it would go off or if I happened to drop it in the field and the safety was not on it would for sure go off. would I have to take the stock off to see if there are adjustment on the trigger?
    "The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!" GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY.

put your pic on photobucket and shrink it down to fit on here.

Most of the old savages are adjustable to some extent but if you go too far, the safety will not work correctly. I took my .25-06 tactical down to very light trigger but the safety does not engage. I never load it unless on a dog town and ready to shoot. Here are the instructions.....http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/s...10trigger.html
    Go Pokes!

hope you can see this
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by imhntn View Post
    Most of the old savages are adjustable to some extent but if you go too far, the safety will not work correctly. I took my .25-06 tactical down to very light trigger but the safety does not engage. I never load it unless on a dog town and ready to shoot. Here are the instructions.....http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/s...10trigger.html
    Hey thanks

A good option is the trigger from Rifle Basix for your 110. Avail from brownells.com. The Accu model can't be put on the the older actions as the rec are different but a good smith can tune your old trigger to operterate real good while not impairing the safety. Cost would be about the same.

imhntn is right , my buddy has two pre-accu's and he has both of the triggers set lighter than factory, i totaly forgot that. IMO the ajustment is pretty good w/out having a trigger done

Thanks everybody OSA is awsome