Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is ammo getting easier to get?

Last couple of times I've been to Wally World, I've seen (and bought) both federal 9mm 50 packs and WWB 9mm 100 packs. Same for the .223 100 round value packs.

And the other day, I found two boxes of 380!!!

Seems like things are getting a bit easier to find. Not back to Pre-O levels, but still better.

anyone else noticing this or did I just get lucky.

Dave
    Common Sense is the Least Common of all Man's Senses.

my feedback: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...ghlight=ratski

Default Re: Is ammo getting easier to get?

How much were the .380?

I'm always seeing 9mm and .40. It's the .45 and .380 that is A: hard to find., and B: expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ratski View Post
    Last couple of times I've been to Wally World, I've seen (and bought) both federal 9mm 50 packs and WWB 9mm 100 packs. Same for the .223 100 round value packs.

And the other day, I found two boxes of 380!!!

Seems like things are getting a bit easier to find. Not back to Pre-O levels, but still better.

anyone else noticing this or did I just get lucky.

Dave
    I've noticed the same thing. I've even seen 38 spl and 357 mag at both wally worlds.
    You can't polish a turd!!
    Post feedback here
    Quote Originally Posted by CAR-AR-M16 View Post
    I want to get some pics of Rod shooting a 1911 since we all know how much he likes them.

Stuck between 2 turds in the bowel of a constipated dragon

Really the only thing I'm not seeing at least once in a while is the 380.
    Yesterday morning I was at the local WM and they had some of just about everything except 380 and a few calibers had choices.
    "All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." Old Fart.
    Want to have a good time? Take a kid plinking.
    **Old Farts Feedback**
    NRA Life/Endowment/Patron member
    Second Amendment Foundation, Life Member

Feo, Fuerte y Formal

Quote Originally Posted by LightningCrash View Post
    In the sewer systems they stick to grease and form Fatbergs in the sewer, which are difficult to remove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Dingle berries won't make a pie so why keep them?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    No Old Fart, we love you very much.

The caliber I see the most is .40 S&W. I see it practically every place I go. I'm still not finding much .380 at all.

But overall, I am seeing more ammo in more calibers out there than I was even six months ago. And most definitely more than I was finding 18 months ago, thank you BARRY much.
    “I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

“You don’t have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.”
    - Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    How much were the .380?

I'm always seeing 9mm and .40. It's the .45 and .380 that is A: hard to find., and B: expensive.
    I "think" that the .380 was 35.97 per 100 pack. One was Remington JHPs, the other was the WWB FMJs

Dave
    Common Sense is the Least Common of all Man's Senses.

my feedback: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...ghlight=ratski

Blog Entries

How Walmart decides what to ship where must be some giant math puzzle.

Altus OK has not had any 45 ACP at all in a long time... Up in Guthrie we have had some Winchester 100 pack and the Federal FMJ in ball ... off and on for a a few weeks. I even found one box of 230 Grain HP in Guthrie (I needed it so I bought it). Altus had a glut of 9mm FMJ... and I am seeing 223 in a lot of the stores lately. Altus had several kinds of 22 in stock this week.

357 Magnum--- 100 round boxes of Remington are hit and miss around the state. I am seeing some 125 and 110 grain HP Winchester in some of the stores around OK the last few weeks.
    About the only 38 special I noted has been 130 grain FMJ... both Remington and Winchester. I really hope someone still ships 158 grain Round nosed lead... soon.

40 SW FMJ is everyplace I go lately.

I don't work for Walmart... but it seems I spend my lunch at locations around Arkansas and OK almost daily.
    press the red button... worth the effort and usually a lot of fun
    TIOCFAIDH AR LA!

I reported this last Saturday about the newest WalMart in my area way out on south Elm in Broken Arrow having a shiteload of everything. The guy was stocking the ammo case and his overfill drawer at about 6pm and just had tons of .380 in the mega WWB boxes,.9mm,.40,.45,etc. And this store I wouldnt figure to be stocked like that on ammo it being in the middle of a upper middle class suburban residential area. I thought a stores demographics decided their stock on hand as much as what they sell gets restocked by computer. I guess alot of .380 owners live in the area because after reporting it here someone said they went there and the .380 was already gone. Wow. I usually shop at the 145th/71st store,the new far east Kenosha store, and in Coweta and almost never see .380. Theyve had alot of Federal 9mm lately and Ive been shooting the crap out of it at $9 something a box.
    Feedback
    FB

"Once you've bought your way beyond hunger, sickness, fear and fatigue- the rest of your money is a completely useless pile of paper" (T Boone Pickens)

41mag ammo is very hard to find, especially in remington and when you do its price but then again, it's never been cheap.

Harder to get, definitely. I'm running out of $$$.

My wal-mart ammo has a ton of pistol ammo and 223 plus now they are carrying some new ammo in an orange and black box.
    Wizards Feedback

Anything I say while PUI cannot be held agiainst me!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Brown View Post
    "That little tramp kept coming on to me! I thought she loved me. She was offering to make me chicken-fried steak and everything! Tell me you wouldn't have done her too????????????"

-Zombie to Chris Hansen

The Stillwater one had a bunch of ammo the other day but no .45 acp hps. They had fmjs in most calibers and some .40 and 9 hps. .38 and .357 too.
    Go Pokes!

Quote Originally Posted by ratski View Post
    I "think" that the .380 was 35.97 per 100 pack. One was Remington JHPs, the other was the WWB FMJs

Dave
    The Duncan WalMart had 5 boxes of the .380 WWB 100rd value packs last week. They were $35.97. They also had quite a bit of 9mm and .38 Special as well.
    My Feedback Link

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp

Im having a hard time finding 30 cal. seems like all the other stuff is coming back
    SIC VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ira41magfan View Post
    41mag ammo is very hard to find, especially in remington and when you do its price but then again, it's never been cheap.

You sure got that right. Bass Pro in Tulsa had two boxes of Rem 41 mag the last time I was in there for $49.95 a box....OUCH!