Who makes the best reflex sights for pistols?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benelli

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father-in-law does lots of target shooting, but his eyesight leaves something to be desired. He is interested in getting a reflex sight, and he asked me about them. I have never used one so I thought I would ask the experts.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The handgun subforum on m4carbine.net has probably some of the best info on this topic. Bowie and several others regularly post on that site and give their personal experiences when testing different sights during training.

One of the leading sights currently is Trijicon's RMR.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I played with one for awhile. Switched back to irons, since I couldn't reasonably afford to have several pistols milled for co-witness, and upgrade to the newer (waterproof/reinforced frame) sights. But, from my experience:

• Polymer lenses are more durable.
  • People gripe about dot-chasing. This is not a problem if you have consistent grip and indexing (it really helped me improve on this). If you chase the dot, you need more dry-fire practice. Lots.
  • Better than express sights. If you frame the target with the window, you're going to put holes in it.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am having Olyeller build me an Open division G17 with a slide ride C-More STS. I did a lot of research on the topic before I bought two STS sights. The reason I went with the STS was based heavily on the great reputation C-More has with their larger red dot sights in pistol competition. I also liked the metal sight housing vs plastic on the cheaper sights. I talked to Bevin Gramms at Gramms engineering about all the available sights since he is an expert in the field. He does some great things with the Doctor sights. He basically tears them down and hard wires everything in order to eliminate all the areas that typically wiggle loose during heavy use. His take on every sight out there was that eventualy they will all go bad you just need to hope that the manufacturer has good repair/warranty service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom