Crossbows Now Legal for Deer Hunting for All Ages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DANGIT.... Now I have to go buy one LOL.

I love bow hunting, but I think I may have to get one just to have and use on occations.

I'm personally glad to see that our state has made crossbows legal for all. Hopefully it will get more people out into the woods and most importantly it will get more youth hunters out there.

Anyone else plan on getting a crossbow?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DANGIT.... Now I have to go buy one LOL.

I love bow hunting, but I think I may have to get one just to have and use on occations.

I'm personally glad to see that our state has made crossbows legal for all. Hopefully it will get more people out into the woods and most importantly it will get more youth hunters out there.

I think its a kool idea but it won't help get me out into the woods. It has gotten so hard the last 10 years or so to find hunting in my area. Everyone wants to lease and I'm not paying their price. I haven't hunted in a couple years because i lost all my good spots to leases.

Reaction score

Do you mean, BESIDES those of us who have discussed this at length in the several other threads about this preceding yours, or just in general? :P

Just ribbin ya, man.... yeah, I think it's a good thing, and yes, I have the Xbow. Look down in this forum for some threads on it in the last month or so....

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you mean, BESIDES those of us who have discussed this at length in the several other threads about this preceding yours, or just in general? :P

Just ribbin ya, man.... yeah, I think it's a good thing, and yes, I have the Xbow. Look down in this forum for some threads on it in the last month or so....

LOL... yeah my work schedule has been so crazy I haven't had a chance to keep up. I'm lucky to get on here once or twice a week now. :(

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its a kool idea but it won't help get me out into the woods. It has gotten so hard the last 10 years or so to find hunting in my area. Everyone wants to lease and I'm not paying their price. I haven't hunted in a couple years because i lost all my good spots to leases.

Have you tried public lands. Over the past couple of years I could have easily taken several deer with a xbow on public land.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are a bowhunter, you would do well to study up on the advantages and disadvantages of xbows vs compounds. I was all excited when I got old enough for an xbow, but after some study elected to stay with my compound. (Now you don't have to be old to use the xbow) CB

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll be sticking with the compound bow, but my hunting buddy has his ordered and is waiting for the brown truck to kick it off. I like to travel light and those x-bows are HEAVY. My 10ga browning is lighter than most that I have handled.

Reaction score
I may try Chickasha lake public lands this year. Its nearby and i hear its not all that crowded.

What Chickasha public land do you mean? Is it Indian land? Because I'm on the tribal rolls. You don't mean Lake Louis Burtschi, do you? If you don't want to say on here, then please tell me by PM - thanks. :)

Over the past couple of years I could have easily taken several deer with a xbow on public land

Which ones? I was thinking about scouting T-bird for the fall.

There's generally places on most public lands where very few to no people go. You just have to explore to find them, and maybe park in a weird area (maybe even park illegally).

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which ones? I was thinking about scouting T-bird for the fall.

The ones that have trees, deer, and are owned by the ODWC. LOL

There's generally places on most public lands where very few to no people go. You just have to explore to find them, and maybe park in a weird area (maybe even park illegally).

Hint: If you have access to one, a boat is a huge help.

I once read about public hunting, if you didn't crawl, use a boat, or wade through water, you're in the wrong spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom