Custom build under way!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUB2NR

Marksman
Reaction score
Well, I'm in Iraq now, and wanted to finally do something for myself. My uncle is a gunsmith in Colorado, and he offered to build me whatever I wanted, at cost, with no labour.

Here's the rundown of what I'm getting.

Chambered in 6.5x47Lapua
22" #4 Contour Pac-Nor 1:8 barrel w/ threaded muzzle and surefire brake
XLR Evolution Superlite chassis system. www.xlrindustries.com
Lawton 7000 stainless steel action action
AICS DBM
tuned and tweaked Remington x-pro trigger
20 MOA scope mount
6.5-20x50 Leupold MkIV M1 scope
Badger 30mm rings
Atlas V8 bipod
Accu-shot monopod

He's also hooking me up with all the reloading equipment I need so I don't have to go to my friend's place to use his stuff anymore. Very good thing since 6.5x47L factory ammo is over $3/rd!!

I'll try to get pics up one way or another once I get some. Very excited, and can't wait to try it out!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only thing I'd change is the trigger and the chassis. I like a McM or Manners stock over the chassis guns, but that's just a personal thing. Looks like it will be a sweet rifle when it's done. Shot a 6.5x47 yesterday on a Surgeon RSR. Sweet shooting round. I loved it.

DUB2NR

Marksman
Reaction score
The biggest reason I chose the XLR chassis, is I am very familiar, and accurate with the AR platform. Also with the huge adjustability of the stock on it, I can have the LOP down enough for my son to shoot it. Plus, I'm going to have it set as a folding stock so I can get away with a smaller case for transport, especially flying.

My uncle is doing the trigger work. I've shot some of his personal guns in the past that I thought had a Jewell or something crazy on it. When he said it was a factory trigger, I wouldn't believe him until he pulled the reciever off the stock to show me the trigger. LOL. He said if I don't like it, he'll throw on any other trigger I desire and he'll pick up the tab on it.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rethink the Pac Nor barrel, not that they don't make "good" barrels, but, a custom action and other first class components deserve a "great" barrel!!

A Pac Nor on that build would be like running cheap tires on a Ferrari.

Latest posts

Top Bottom