Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Cool M1 Garand M84 Telescope.

Ok, here is question for you guys(gun guru's). I'm thinking about picking up another Garand and I want to turn it into a M1D. So, what scope would be the most likely to resemble the M84 scope? I want to find the scope first before I go through the trouble with CMP.

As usuall I appreciate all advice or inputs. Even if I don't say thank you.
    I don't wish to be argumentative
    but I disagree with the Islamic
    belief that I should be killed!

feedback tread http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19257

Default Re: M1 Garand M84 Telescope.

I don't know if it's a reproduction or the real thing, but.....

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...lter=m84+scope

“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
    Benjamin Franklin

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by FireCop203 View Post
    I don't know if it's a reproduction or the real thing, but.....

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...lter=m84+scope
    That's a reproduction I believe.
    “...reality is always plural and mutable.”
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

Hoplophobia

My feedback

There really isn't anything like a M84 scope with the rubber eyepiece, turrets, square turret covers, and telescoping sunshade. What's your budget? You might find that the cost of converting a M1 into a M1D may be higher than you think. A good D7312555 barrel and block may set you back $500, then you'll have to find the appropriate upper hand guard. Otherwise, using a repro barrel block on a garden-variety M1 barrel will be around $100 (?) plus the cost of installation. A Chinese repro M84 scope and mount from Sarco, which get mixed reviews for their quality and durability, will be another $200 or so, IIRC.

If you get a Service Grade SA Garand from CMP, you'll be plunking down another $700. So all together for a fake M1D, you're looking at $1100 in parts, at least. Add in the cost of labor, and you're getting close to a real M1D from the CMP. Granted, the real deal doesn't come with a scope or mount, which combined are running around $800-1000 these days for USGI issue pieces. Still, if you're looking for something that will hold its value or appreciate in the years to come, you may want to rethink going the fake route. The CMP M1D's are a good deal, even without the scope and mount. You could always get one of those and slap a fake M84 scope and mount on it, and later get a real combo and sell the fake pieces.

If you're interested, I may be selling a CMP M1D, minus the scope and mount, in the near future. PM me if you like.
    Last edited by Perplexed; 08-18-2010 at 05:22 PM.

I think I'm going to have to put this project off for awhile. Too poor right now.
    I don't wish to be argumentative
    but I disagree with the Islamic
    belief that I should be killed!

feedback tread http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19257