10mm Barrels for Glock 20

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to know if you guys know of any good aftermarket barrels for the glock 20? I am going to the yellowstone area for my honeymoon and need a good barrel to shoot heavy cast bullets out of to stop any animals that could cause a problem. Anyone have a good barrel or know of any?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smith and Wesson makes a barrel that is chambered for .44 Mag and it comes complete with a new cylinder, hammer, trigger, grips and small parts.

:)

BTW: Handgun section FTW!

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a BIG fan of Bar-Sto barrels. A good friend of mine and gunsmith is going to work for them.

I have tried 3 aftermarket barrels in my G17 (just to "see"), and the Bars-Sto has the best, tightest lockup. They sell 1911 barrels to the Marine Corps for use by MEU-SOC, and they have been extensively tested.

They last and last, and are very accurate.

Oh, yeah, the barrels I tried were Storm Lake, KKM, and Bar-Sto. I didn't bother with Lone Wolf, b/c the installed one I looked at was waaay loose.

I had good luck with these guys:
http://tacticalgungear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=838d1c00ed9a38c89d683c092f354faf

And also the Glock Store

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't Bar Sto's have to be fitted to your glock though? On midway USA the reviews for it all said they had to have it fitted down to fit inside their glock 20's.

I have seen vids of the lone wolf barrels and they shoot cast bullets well

Basically are storm lake, lone wolf and bar sto all good barrels to shoot lead cast bullets out of?

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had good luck with KKM and had to return a couple of LoneWolfe.
What bothers me with the aftermarket barrel makers is that they sell stainless barrels in the white. I don't see why they don't bother to offer a choice in blue or coated barrels.
If you are a handloader you might consider finding an old Dupond reloading manual. They list some great 800X loads. They chickened out in later versions of the manual.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5 rounds, 10-12 yards, cheap ammo, 9mm, G17 with Bar-Sto, offhand with optics:

ai225.photobucket.com_albums_dd69_tomthebaker_carry_target.jpg

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything but Glock barrels will shoot lead bullets just fine.

My Bar-Sto dropped right in with a "Snick!"
A drop in barrel... only in a Grock! :laughup:

Actually, if you talk to Mitch with J&K Bullet Casters, he shoots thousands of lead rounds a month out of his stock Grock barrel.
I had good luck with KKM and had to return a couple of LoneWolfe.
What bothers me with the aftermarket barrel makers is that they sell stainless barrels in the white. I don't see why they don't bother to offer a choice in blue or coated barrels.
If you are a handloader you might consider finding an old Dupond reloading manual. They list some great 800X loads. They chickened out in later versions of the manual.

You can't blue stainless. I see your point, but it would probably take too much time and money to coat them there... it's just easier to let the end user take it to somebody.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom