Street Outlaws OKC on Discovery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
civic 4.jpgcivic 5.jpg

My old civic...Fastest single cam civic in the state and promise it wasn't 14 sec car.

Nice rides, mine is in my sig. Needs some work right now though. About to swap it to a stalled auto though due to cost. I just can't keep replacing parts on this T56 set-up.

When I used to drive a import before I moved to muscle, my 3 top choices were: Skyline, Supra & 240. I'm partial to the rear wheel drive cars that can look like an adults car & give muscle a run for it's money. I have ran into too many Honda's running 14's that thought they were 11 second cars, LOL.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well thanks for giving us the info

As far as the show goes, I have friends on it. I like the show, I don't think it is real smart putting yourself out like that doing street racing, I foresee some unemployed people in the near future. All it takes is for one person to recognize you, tell your boss and you are fired.

As for Flip, sorry, I just don't want to talk out of place. Read between the lines.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on a mission for a while to scoop a Supra but those things hold resale retardedly well & the people selling them are overly proud of them too. I wasn't about to pay $25-40k for a 90's model car just because it was a Supra, even though they have a special place in my heart, LOL.

When I moved out here in 03' I had 2 4x4s and a 98' Supra. It was my 3rd Supra. I posted pics of it in the rides thread here wayy back years ago when I still had it. I ended up selling it to my friend back in California. I had enough money from the sale to buy 2 Mustangs, a black/black 99' Cobra I bought from my brother and a black/black 02' GT I bought from a friend in Tulsa who was raising funds to buy a Roush Mustang. I had more than enough cash left over to play around with the Mustangs- the Cobra I modded and the GT got some light mods but was mainly more of a DD. I also went through a couple of 90s-00s Camaros, one Z-28 and one SS, on the side along with the ponys but sold them after mods were done because I got bored with them. When I got bored with the Mustangs I sold them too, the last just recently so I could spend more time and money on my 4x4s.....but..... damn, I really missed having a car/toy to play around with.

So, a few weeks ago I decided to look around for another car to play with. This next car had to be different than what I usually drove since Im getting older and have been thru most of my 'phases'. I thought. When OSA member tRidiot got his new black/black/black 370z a few weeks ago I saw that thing and wanted one baaad but just couldnt justify putting out the cash for one and still be able to afford all the other fun things I want to do this summer, so I decided to look for a 350z. I decided on the Z cars because I wanted a RWD car like my Supra plus I wanted to start out with a car with no turbo or supercharger presently on it. Ive owned a few Z cars in the past but I wasnt crazy into them even though I really liked the 350 generation of Zs when they first came out. So I went looking for one. I looked at a shite bunch of them over the last few weeks but just couldnt find 'the one' even though a couple came pretty close, no black/black like I wanted.

A buddy who I mess around with doing car audio installs calls me up about a car he bought on a whim a few weeks ago with the intent to flip like he does alot of cars but he ended up needing some really quick cash to go to the real estate deliquncy auction the next day so he was selling a couple of cars as quick as he could and he remembered me calling him looking for a 350z. But what he had wasnt a Z car. Luckily for me though it ended up being its fancier cousin, and it was black/black- an 04' Infinity G35. I got it way under book because he was so desperate for cash. The car came with some of the usual 'light' aftermarket mods done by the guy he bought it from- upgraded cams, new ECU w/tune, CAI, headers&exhaust, adjustable suspension/coilovers, a nice double DIN HU w/all 6 new Bose interior speakers and a massive amp mounted in the trunk with a 12" sub in a custom built box, decent looking 'Z' 20" chrome wheels (gladly it didnt have the ubiquitous black rims on it) on brand new Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's (255-35-zr20s/285-30-zr20s), etc. I bought it 'to help my friend out' (that was my justification to the wife!). Maybe I'll do more mods, maybe I wont. For now Im really just enjoying driving the damn thing. Its not going to be a racer, and gladly its not a FWD. Its also not a total wuss, it actually runs pretty freakin fast, for what it is. Whatever it is. I havent figured that one out yet.

Keeping to the OP. Im an idiot I guess because I like to watch these shows like this one in the OP. Reality? Maybe, maybe not, but its pretty close to what I have witnessed here, in California, Nevada, etc.

Last edited:

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 30260View attachment 30261

My old civic...Fastest single cam civic in the state and promise it wasn't 14 sec car.

What did it run & how much invested to get that number? Gutted or full interior? I can't remember weather Humble's car was a single cam or not but I thought it was the fastest in Oklahoma.

And I'm talking about the douche's who will pull up beside you at a light & start talking about their mods & how much boost they are pushing. When I had my import I thought it was bad, but once I bought my TA it was even worse. Everyone with their parents hand me down civic with a cold air & fart can thought they were the fastest thing in Tulsa.

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its funny how you associate just imports as the only ones who try and race on a public road.

I bet my little "ricer" mobiles will pull on just about anything anyone on here drives..

But regardless if these guys are real racers etc. this show makes them just look dumb. I doubt it will stay on a whole season..

What's funny is how anyone that drives any sort of enthusiast car not made in the US gets defensive at the drop of a hat. I said Scion, but never said anything about imports or "rice". Didn't say Horsepower Freaks tuned E46 M3, 2JZ, RB-whatever, AMG this, super-mega-JDM spec DSM. I'm an enthusiast that likes cars of all makes...I just happen to have an American car because that's what I could afford at the time I bought it, and I like it. Scion was just the first example of an inexpensive "sporty" car that popped into my head. There are probably more "riced" American cars here than "riced" imports.

You should link to your E46, I'm geniunely interested.

That's how you justify it? The likelihood is almost zero. I've actually seen more than one if the cars run. Maybe my mom is a street walker and that is her street. Maybe my granddaughter is a security guard at one of the industrial complexes. Likelihood s and almosts are what get innocent bystanders killed . If they want to race, rent the track. If some nitwit wanted to shoot competition steel in the mall parking lot at 4 am because the likelihood of someone being around was almost zero would that work? Most sports require some self discipline to succeed, that's not real visible here . If you are making your own rules, what happens when someone decides to crash someobe to be first across the finish line. That's almost fair isn't it?

Not trying to justify anything, I don't street race. Only trying to give some perspective about how "dangerous" this is to the public. They are only risking their own safety, not the publics, despite whatever the TV shows. The dangerous people are the ones racing in broad daylight on busy streets in everyday street cars. And the vigilante tailgaters in lifted 6000 lb trucks with oversized tires and way undersized brakes. And the teenagers texting on the road. And the guy eating a hamburger while driving. And the woman reading a book on the steering wheel driving down I-40.

I should have known better though, you're obviously in tune with the whole scene and have a firm grasp on driving safety. Is your real name Walter Sobchak, btw?

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did it run & how much invested to get that number? Gutted or full interior? I can't remember weather Humble's car was a single cam or not but I thought it was the fastest in Oklahoma.

And I'm talking about the douche's who will pull up beside you at a light & start talking about their mods & how much boost they are pushing. When I had my import I thought it was bad, but once I bought my TA it was even worse. Everyone with their parents hand me down civic with a cold air & fart can thought they were the fastest thing in Tulsa.

Humble's was all motor....Ours were about on the same page. Mine made 380whp on 26 lbs of boost. Now i drive around a 2002 and 2008 stock subaru wrx.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its funny, I have lived around here my whole entire life and have never heard of guys like these. A list of the "best" street racers? What a joke. If you have a car that is like that then take it to a real drag strip and race there. That is what people with cars like that do. How about Thunder valley? And the way that one dude said that racing is more important than making his house payment. What a moron. If it is true those are some of the dumbest people in the state. And what threw it over the edge is "farmtruck". Are you kidding me or what? There is no way that a truck of that size would come close to hanging with some of those hot rods. I don't care how much power it has they would be too heavy to give them what they need. I know enough about racing to know that is a crock. And on the end of it is said that one guy tragically died and that the show was dedicated to him. He probably ain't really dead.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its funny, I have lived around here my whole entire life and have never heard of guys like these. A list of the "best" street racers? What a joke. If you have a car that is like that then take it to a real drag strip and race there. That is what people with cars like that do. How about Thunder valley? And the way that one dude said that racing is more important than making his house payment. What a moron. If it is true those are some of the dumbest people in the state. And what threw it over the edge is "farmtruck". Are you kidding me or what? There is no way that a truck of that size would come close to hanging with some of those hot rods. I don't care how much power it has they would be too heavy to give them what they need. I know enough about racing to know that is a crock. And on the end of it is said that one guy tragically died and that the show was dedicated to him. He probably ain't really dead.

What's funny is that you've lived around here that long and claim to know about racing but you don't know these guys. As for the "moron" not making his house payment, relax, there is some tv drama written in there for the masses. He doesn't even have a house payment, that house, motorhome and acreage you saw on the show is paid for (trust me).

Farmtruck is legit. http://youtu.be/zcPHHEea3lE You're welcome to call him out for the #10 spot.

Yes there are generators and lights out there and yes there are cops blocking the roads off for the tv show. Discovery is a little smarter than you're giving them credit for. But the cars are real, the "list" is real, the racing is real. Spots on the list are changing hands on the races you see on tv.

As for Tyler: http://www.turnerfh.net/PastObituary.aspx?did=6202c1c5-1c45-4566-9117-68e72c7bda68 That's real too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom