Have faith, brothers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been struggling lately with apprehension over what's happening in our country today. Worrying about our future, and the country my son will inherit, has given me a great deal of stress lately. At church, we've been reading through Micah, in which he speaks of Jerusalem being punished for turning away from God, and this passage jumped out at me.

Micah 7:7-10

7 But I will keep watching for the Lord;
I will wait for the God who delivers me.
My God will hear my lament.

8 My enemies, do not gloat over me!
Though I have fallen, I will get up.
Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.

9 I must endure the Lord’s anger,
for I have sinned against him.
But then he will defend my cause,
and accomplish justice on my behalf.
He will lead me out into the light;
I will experience firsthand his deliverance.

10 When my enemies see this, they will be covered with shame.
They say to me, “Where is the Lord your God?”
I will gloat over them.
Then they will be trampled down
like mud in the streets.

This has brought me comfort. Sometimes things seem too big, and they are. It's going to suck, and it's going to get worse before it gets better, but there is only so much we can do, and we have to trust God with the rest. I just really felt like sharing this with somebody, and I hope this gives comfort to some of you as it did me.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to have faith but I'm a man of inexperienced/shallow faith in the context of your OP. I know the good word brings comfort to some folks, but for me it just creates more confusion and gives me even more to agonize over while my wife tries to educate me/convince me.

In short, I don't think the glass is half full or half empty....I think there's a good chance the glass is broken and not even the almighty gives a darn what happens.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can we just skip to the part where we trample them down like mud in the streets? Who's with me?

Psalms 137:9
"Happy is the one that seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."

I.....just want to make the world a better place, and be happy. Christian here, yet with Comanche foreign policy.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I walk in the light I feel so much better than when I fall away and be worldly. I dedicate my life to God and so does my wife. It helps our marriage and makes us much happier. Living for yourself or the world only gets you one thing. And you know what I am talking about. I have been a Christian since 97 and have had many ups and downs. And those were the most miserable of my life. But when I live for God I am the happiest I have ever been. Keep up the battle. I understand how you feel. I worry about my son too. Maybe Christ will return before our kids grow up. That is my hope.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave up on church and all that believing stuff a year ago and my life got 10x easier and less worrisome about things.

Results may vary.

there is no god

My religious views align with these, but this seems a little insensitive.

I may not have faith in any gods to help us out of this mess, but I do have faith in The People to ultimately pull through and get this country back on the right track. Different roads, same destination.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never seen the wind....yet I believe in it because I see its effects around me. The same is true with my faith in God almighty. If you look, you will find his fingerprints every where. IF you look.

Latest posts

Top Bottom