Snake handeler won't be down for breakfast.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This cries out for sarcasm and ridicule, but this guy had real faith. He actually believed his god would save him from the effects of the venom. Gotta respect that, and gotta remember he left behind, I presume, a family. He certainly left behind a flock of churchgoers.

I hope these folks are comforted by their religion, and I hope this causes them to modify their practices. Handling snakes to prove the reality/mercy of a god indicates, to me, the need on the part of some to have tangible proof that He's there. If one needs miracles, his faith is weak.

And most likely God would have saved him if he hadn't been so blatantly testing God and taken his dumb*** to the emergency room ... Last time I checked, God had already proven Himself to people ... Anybody who wants more is playing with fire ... If you are a true believer, that is ...

I'm one of those folks who tends to believe you get ample opportunity to see grace. This guy had already survived several bites ... My take on all this is that God has a righteous sense of humor and said "Hey!! St. Pete ... that guy's playing with those friggin' snakes again ... Hold my wineglass and watch this!" :D

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’
and,

‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’”
7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’”[c]

Latest posts

Top Bottom