2012 -2013 Oklahoma Hunting Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That article seems to incriminate the guys. I don't think snares were legal in Oklahoma.

As far as a collar around a hogs neck, I don't mind hog grabbin, but I am not convinced a collar will stay on. A hogs head and neck makes a fairly smooth transition and I think a collar will slide right off.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ft Sill wildlife officials have used this collaring method very effectively over the past several years. A problem early on for them was killing the collared pig when they ambushed the group. I believe they started coloring the collars with a bright color and that problem went away. They didn't seem to have any problems with slipped collars

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched a show where they attached a low light camera to a pig to see where it went and the path it took to get back to the group.
The camera fell off after 2 or 3 days but for this purpose it wouldn't be a camera it would just be a small transmitter for tracking so it would probably stay on longer.

I can't remember if the show was Pig Bomb or Hogs Gone Wild. It's been a while back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom