2014 ODWC Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took me 13 years to get drawn for a Turkey hunt. Then I had something come up and missed it!! Oh well, you can control everything!

It would be nice if they could feel in no shows. I would have love to sign my slip over to somebody that would have used it since I couldn't make it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took me 13 years to get drawn for a Turkey hunt. Then I had something come up and missed it!! Oh well, you can control everything!

It would be nice if they could feel in no shows. I would have love to sign my slip over to somebody that would have used it since I couldn't make it.

I would agree if they would draw a couple alternates for each hunt, but if they allowed a hunt winner to sign over the tag, this could cause selling of hunts.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Used to have a stand by list for no shows at Salt Plains, worked smoothly. A question for any of our ODWC OSAers, does the ODWC figure in an estimated number of no shows when determining the number of tags to be offered for each area? The no show rate is pretty high in my opinion for a lot of the hunts.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some hunts have tag numbers that are estimated on no shows to ensure a half way decent hunt. For example Lexington.

Other hunts, the tags are estimated by the average annual harvest compared to how many deer they are looking to actually shoot. Which somewhat correlates indirectly to the number of no shows at a hunt.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drew the mcallester turkey hunt in 09'. It was a really tough hunt, wind howled, rained like hell. Only hunt I have ever left early from.

Best decision I ever made as a Tornado whacked our house that evening. I would have been a wreck had my wife been home alone that evening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom