2016 Rio Olympics thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kristin Armstrong (no relation to lance) just won her third gold in the women's time trial, at almost 43 years old.

She completed the 18.5 mile course in 44:26.42, despite the rainy conditions.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kristin Armstrong (no relation to lance) just won her third gold in the women's time trial, at almost 43 years old.

She completed the 18.5 mile course in 44:26.42, despite the rainy conditions.
Interesting that one of the gold medal swimmers(can't remember her name) met Phelps when she was 12 years old, and just a local competitor.
She got to meet him in person at Rio with a medal in her hand.
Heard something about this is the Olympics of the old folks. LOL, not that 43 is old, but that lady is a beast in her own right. Amazing she can keep up that regimen of training for that many years. Congrats to her.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.thenug.com_sites_default_pub_021014_thenug_k0lM2Uir9H.png

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Dutch sent one of their athletes home just for drinking. That would never happen with Finnish athletes. From what I've observed working with Nokia employees drinking IS an Olympic sport.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Dutch sent one of their athletes home just for drinking. That would never happen with Finnish athletes. From what I've observed working with Nokia employees drinking IS an Olympic sport.
Swedes too! Before retiring, the company sent me to a school ran by swedes. At noon, a couple of ladies brought in our lunch. Cold cut sandwiches and beer. Every hour or so for the rest of the day, they brought in another round. Best school ever! lol.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Swedes too! Before retiring, the company sent me to a school ran by swedes. At noon, a couple of ladies brought in our lunch. Cold cut sandwiches and beer. Every hour or so for the rest of the day, they brought in another round. Best school ever! lol.

Maybe something to do with half their countries being in the Arctic Circle?

Latest posts

Top Bottom