2016 Rio Olympics thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah. The darkness of winter will bring it on. Friend and I looked at a map of Prince William Island off the coast of Alaska once. It listed the businesses, and the population of each village. Even if there were just 20-50 people, there was always a liquor store.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sick of these damn athletes using the Olympics as platform for their political agendas. I'm seriously starting to hope other countries win events instead of Americans.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sick of these damn athletes using the Olympics as platform for their political agendas. I'm seriously starting to hope other countries win events instead of Americans.

I'm kinda in the same boat.

The female fencer and swimmer kill it for me. Just kills the pride they brought. I think they should be booted from the team myself but that's just me. Old bitter clinger I guess....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with wearing a religious article while competing?

Nothing. It's their use of the opportunity they've been given to be political. Also, and this isn't their fault, but the media flocking to them to slobber all over them while at the same time ignoring a 6 time medalist is just slightly off putting. Add in the obvious overwhelming desire to make up the epic hardships almost every athlete has to deal with and still excel and the urge to puke is real. The media is most of the problem but the athletes just can't say no to the attention either and seem just fine exploiting it. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's their use of the opportunity they've been given to be political. Also, and this isn't their fault, but the media flocking to them to slobber all over them while at the same time ignoring a 6 time medalist is just slightly off putting.... The media is most of the problem but the athletes just can't say no to the attention either and seem just fine exploiting it.

Would this be the same six-time medalist who, when given the chance to talk to the media, criticized California's gun laws?

Latest posts

Top Bottom