25 ACP Ballistics Gel Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all! Below are all of my results for the 25 ACP/Automatic. Please see the associated card to see the ammo type, velocity, firearm, and penetration information. Please feel free to also add any results you may have had, as this could possibly turn into a library of sorts with multiple contributors to help people pick which ammo to stock up on, and what ammo is all hype. In the case of non-factory ammunition that is tested, please bear in mind that you only use the listed load data at your own risk. Safe in my guns does not mean safe in yours. I am also open to testing any ammunition that you may have (factory or non) but if it is non-factory, I will need a breakdown of your load data/process before I pull the trigger on it. If you have an interest in that, PM me and we can discuss. If nothing else, please enjoy the results, they were certainly fun getting!

Gel data: 20% ballistic gel made from Knox unflavored gelatin (and for the money minded, great value unflavored gelatin powder also works fine), and a few drops of cinnamon oil to help keep mold down and prolong the life of the gel (plus cover the wet dog smell of the melting gel).

Also, I don’t pretend to think that this method is the best, most scientific, or even preferred method, but it felt a bit wasteful to just hold onto the data without sharing it with others. So here it is! Enjoy

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Winchester expanding point factory load in a pistol

Attachments

• IMG_5936.jpeg
    IMG_5936.jpeg
    764.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5922.jpeg
    IMG_5922.jpeg
    775.2 KB · Views: 0

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who’s a retired Houston PD cop, and he came really close to dying after getting shot multiple times with a 25acp. Needless to say, he has a healthy respect for so called mouse guns and mouse calibers.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who’s a retired Houston PD cop, and he came really close to dying after getting shot multiple times with a 25acp. Needless to say, he has a healthy respect for so called mouse guns and mouse calibers.
When I was a kid our house was being remodeled and one of the plumbing subs stole my dad's Smith 686 and Beretta 950 in .25ACP. He filed a police report and figured that was that. Out of the blue he gets a call from the San Diego PD (we lived in a suburb of San Diego) telling him that his guns were recovered, but one was used in an officer involved shooting. As it turns out, the cops tried to stop a car, they ran and eventually bailed out, police chased on foot, dude pulls the Beretta and gets a shot off. Luckily, the vest caught it, and the now severely pissed off cop proceeds to beat the hell out of shooter. They found the 686 in the car as well, both lost to the evidence room and then to the shredder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom