6 wounded in Houston shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Six people were injured when a shooter opened fire at a southwest Houston shopping center on Monday morning, police and fire officials said.

The suspected shooter was shot and killed by police, authorities confirmed on Twitter.

Those who were wounded in the attack were being transported to area hospitals, the Houston Police Department tweeted.

A fire official said some people were shot while inside their cars and the conditions of those wounded was varied. Several people were hit with glass fragments from shattering car windows.

"We have several with extremity injuries," an official told reporters. "We have a couple that are more serious."

A nearby homeowner told FoxNews.com his wife woke up to gunshots at 6:30 a.m. Shortly thereafter police were seen going into a nearby condo.

One witness told ABC13 the shooter fired three or four shots into the front window of her car and also shot the side window of the vehicle. Initial reports indicated seven people were hurt before police reduced the number to six.

Eduardo Andrade, 42, told The Houston Chronicle that two bullets struck his vehicle.

"As I was driving by Law Street I suddenly heard a big explosion," Andrade said. "I covered myself, accelerated and tried to get out of there. I did not know if someone was following me or trying to shoot me."

Andrade added: "I felt the hot air."

An order to shelter in place was issued by the Houston Fire Department for residents of the Oaks at West University apartment complex while authorities searched the premises. It's unknown what investigators were looking for.

Police scanners reported at 6:30 a.m. that a male suspect was firing on vehicles with a revolver, according to ABC13.

A Houston Police Department bomb squad was at the site of the shootings after a suspicious vehicle, believed to belong to the suspected shooter, was discovered ABC13 reported.

Local: http://abc13.com/news/active-shooter-situation-on-weslayan-near-bissonnet/1526685/

Latest posts

Top Bottom